I am trying to build a robohelp project at the command line and it crashes. Building manually in the IDE works.
The event log show:
Faulting application name: RHCL.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ff35c65
Faulting module name: HtmSingleSourceMultiScreenHelp.dll, version: 10.0.0.287, time stamp: 0x4ff358bc
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000f38a
Faulting process id: 0x7f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfc3baef76dd63
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 10\RoboHTML\RHCL.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 10\RoboHTML\HtmSingleSourceMultiScreenHelp.dll
Report Id: 30ffeec3-2fae-11e4-9ddc-f4ce46ba20d2
The generated log shows that it crashes right after it logs 'Processing index data...'.
It appears to be the same issue found here: Generating either Multiscreen or Responsive HTML5 from command line (RHCL)
What can I do to get this building on the command line successfully? I have 4 other projects I am doing this the same way with and they are generating the output fine.
If the other projects work fine, there is probably someting in the project giving trouble. The best way to move fowards:
1. Create a COPY of the project.
2. From the project, delete some files/folders/
3. Try to generate again.
4. If the crash occurs, remove some more until it works.
5. If the project generates, check the last deleted files and try to narrow the issue down to a single file or multiple files.
6. Come back with details of the files that are giving issues (file name, any weird HTML, etc.) That way we can perhaps figure out why RoboHelp is crashing.
You can also file a bug report with Adobe: Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form
But they will want the same information and it's no guarantee it will be fixed (just as the forum, really)