• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AD Group Policy Flash Player Plugin 14 deployment fails

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2014 Aug 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems with deploying Flash Player Plugin 14 via AD Group Policy. Installation fails with, "The assignment of application Adobe Flash Player 14 Plugin from policy Managed Applications failed.  The error was : %%1274."

I already tried setting "Startup policy processing wait time" to 30 seconds as described here and a number of other places. This made no difference.

Any ideas?

On a computer exhibiting this problem Adobe Flash Player Plugin 12 was installed, and Adobe Flash Player Plugin 11 was previously assigned for deployment via Group Policy. I'm not certain, but I think this happened by deploying Adobe Flash Player Plugin 11, and eventually updating to v12 via background updates from an internal server. Not sure if it's even possible to background update to a new major version from an internal server if the initial deployment was via Group Policy? Or possibly a mix of Group Policy deployment and a manual update at some point...

In any case, I manually ran an uninstall on v12 and removed the relevant registry key for the GPO-deployed v11. After doing this and restarting, the Flash Player 14 deployment still fails with the error message mentioned above.

Is there a verbose installation log somewhere or is it possible to enable verbose logging to troubleshoot installation?

Suggestions or gentle kicks in the appropriate direction appreciated. 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up using the following Powershell (.ps1) startup script to remove old Flash installs. Obviously, you will need to adjust path/file names and version strings for your environment. Note: when deploying the newer Flash Player (using a .msi downloaded via links from our distribution "license" email), for the ActiveX Flash control, we ended up reverting to the extended support release (v13.x). For whatever reason, v17 of the ActiveX control simply didn't work in our (mostly Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, IE 11) environment.

$MinimumFlashPlayerPluginVersion = "17.0.0.134"

$InstalledFlashPlayerPluginVersion =

(Get-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Macromedia\FlashPlayerPlugin" -Name Version -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue).Version
$PathToUninstaller = "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_12_0_0_44_Plugin.exe"

if ([version]$InstalledFlashPlayerPluginVersion -lt [version]$MinimumFlashPlayerPluginVersion) {

if ((Test-Path $PathToUninstaller) -eq $TRUE) {
$UninstallProcess = Start-Process $PathToUninstaller -ArgumentList "-uninstall" -Wait -NoNewWindow -PassThru

}

}

Hopefully someone else finds this helpful. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines