3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2014 10:33 AM by A.T. Romano RSS

Premiere Elements 12 missing music score and sound effects

shawndpaul

I recently upgraded from PRE 11 to PRE 12.  I noticed right away I am missing components.  I no longer have the same amount of (TRANSITIONS, TITLES & TEXT, EFFECTS, AND GRAPHICS).  If you look from PRE 11 to PRE 12 there are a dramatic difference in the number of options available to me.  Also, the new PRE 12 boasts of 50 musical scores and 250 sound effects.  This section is grayed out and there is nothing available to choose from.  I understand that you have to download them, but there is nothing to choose from so I can't download them.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled while my firewall and anti-virus is disabled.  Then I ran an update on the software.  Still nothing!!  With PRE 12 it seems like a dramatic step back and than PRE 11.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 missing music score and sound effects
          A.T. Romano Community Member

shawndpaul

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Have you updated from 12 to 12.1 in an opened project's Help Menu/Update?

Now for the immediate issue...Premiere Elements 12 content should be for all intents and purposes the same as Premiere Elements 11.

Please check out my Premiere Elements 12 First Look blog (especially part 3 content) where I did a microscopic look at the differences between 11 and 12.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 12 First Look Details

and any surprises should be included in

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/09/pe12-daily-discoveries.html

Did you stay with Windows as you went from Premiere Elements 11 to 12?

Let us go through a check list see if we can figure out what is going on in your computer environment...for now I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

1. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges? In addition, have you applied Run As Administration to the program by right clicking Premiere Elements 12 desktop icon and selecting Run As Administrator.

2. How long have you waited for the contents under the Audio Tab to appear. Many have observed that there is a delay between what appears to be installation of the program and the appearance of Music Scores and Sound Effects. Leave the program open and give it time.

3. I almost overlooked a thought since you said that you worked with 11 already. But, I had better ask to make sure I am not taking anything for granted.

In Premiere Elements 12, are you looking in the Expert workspace or the Quick workspace? If you are working in the Quick workspace, that could be contributing to your issue.

Please review and then we can decide what next. You are not looking at a Premiere Elements 11 versus 12 issue, rather a problem in your specific computer environment.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 missing music score and sound effects
            shawndpaul Community Member

A.T., thanks a lot.  I followed everything to a "t" according to your instructions here and other postings you posted regarding this issue.  It is now working.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 missing music score and sound effects
              A.T. Romano Community Member

shawndpaul

Thanks for the follow up with the wonderful news "It is now working." Lots of details to sort through, so you did a great job in sorting through the troubleshooting.

Please never hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification. We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes as you move forward in your Premiere Elements workflows.

ATR