9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2014 2:09 PM by Lattenkiste

DynamicLinkManager causing AE and Premiere to not work

Lattenkiste

Hello,

I'm working on a significant project that I'm trying to get entered into film festivals. I'm doing some 3D motion tracking on part of the project so I wanted to utilize my GPU acceleration to speed up the process. I looked up how to do it and added my card, GeForce GTX 560 Ti, to raytracer_supported_cards.txt.

Before this I had no problems. Now whenever I start After Effects I get this error

errrr.png

Premiere has also stopped working. I've been researching this for about 11 days now and have done everything from deleting the preferences file to reinstalling the entire Creative Suite.

I'm not sure what else to do. Since the only thing I did before it broke was edit a text file I'm sure it's an easy fix, but for the life of me I can't find the solution and I really need to get this project done.

Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: DynamicLinkManager causing AE and Premiere to not work
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I'm not clear what you are trying to say. Have you actually undone your ill-conceived changed to the raytracer file? Also reset your system's graphics settings and reinstall the driver. The mere attempt to invoke CUDA on an unsupported configuration could mess it up. The whole thing was pointless in the first place - the 3D tracking does not use any GPU stuff, so all this was unnecessary.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: DynamicLinkManager causing AE and Premiere to not work
            Lattenkiste Level 1

No need to be rude. The card is listed on the Adobe web site as one of the supported cards. The solution to enable GPU acceleration for AE was not something I thought of myself. Like I said, I looked it up on these forums.

My card was listed under "Supported GPUs for ray-traced 3D renderer" and also on nVidia's web site. http://www.nvidia.com/object/after-effects-cs6.html

• 3. Re: DynamicLinkManager causing AE and Premiere to not work
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> The card is listed on the Adobe web site as one of the supported cards.

No, it is not. If you think that it is, give me a URL to where on the Adobe website you see that.

If you have modified that text file yourself, you have put the software into an unsupported state.

• 4. Re: DynamicLinkManager causing AE and Premiere to not work
                Lattenkiste Level 1

Pardon, but we're getting off topic. I'm not asking about whether or not it was a good idea to do what I did to break After Effects.

I'm asking how to fix it.

• 5. Re: DynamicLinkManager causing AE and Premiere to not work
                  Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi Lattenkiste,

As Todd Kopriva suggested, you may have put After Effects in an unstable state. You might try removing the GPU from the text file (if that's what you did) then restarting After Effects. Do you still get the error now?

Thanks,

Kevin

• 6. Re: DynamicLinkManager causing AE and Premiere to not work
                    Lattenkiste Level 1

Yes, that was the first thing I did. After undoing the change didn't work I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling just After Effects and Premiere, then I tried reinstalling the entire suite, then I removed the suite using the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool and reinstalled it. None of this has worked. Even the freshly installed program gives me the same error.

I've defragged and wiped the free space on the drive. I've run AVG, Malware Bytes, Spybot S&D, and Spinrite.

I've reinstalled Quicktime, uninstalled all third party programs like DivX, reinstalled my graphics driver and updated it, and I've done a Windows Update.

The only thing left I can think of is reinstalling my operating system, but I would need to find my Windows disks and I don't have a HDD to backup everything in order to do that. I've looked into buying another hard drive but I can't afford it right now. I'm hoping there is a way to fix this without it coming to that.

I ran a diagnosis with Game Booster 3. Here is the error log:

1201 - Time                     : 9/6/2014 12:03:48 PM

1202 - Source                   : Application Hang

1203 - Description              : The program AfterFX.exe version 11.0.0.378 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 185c

Start Time: 01cfc9877c19de6a

Termination Time: 12

Application Path: D:\CS6\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\AfterFX.exe

Report Id: cb374c04-357a-11e4-bcbf-bc5ff4ca50d7

1201 - Time                     : 9/6/2014 12:03:43 PM

1202 - Source                   : Application Error

1203 - Description              : Faulting application name: dynamiclinkmanager.exe, version: 6.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f44797c

Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2be1e

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x0008d6fd

Faulting process id: 0x16a0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfc9878ce1c4d1

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\dynamiclink\CS6\dynamiclinkmanager.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR100.dll

Report Id: ca93b69e-357a-11e4-bcbf-bc5ff4ca50d7

• 7. Re: DynamicLinkManager causing AE and Premiere to not work
                      Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Two things:

1) You are four major bug-fix updates behind if you're using version 11.0.0. Install the updates. http://adobe.ly/DVA_updates

2) Malware Bytes may be your problem. That program is very destructive. It "quarantines" software components and prevents applications from working. Get rid of Malware Bytes, uninstall your applications, and reinstall them.

• 8. Re: DynamicLinkManager causing AE and Premiere to not work
                        Lattenkiste Level 1

I've uninstalled Malware Bytes and reinstalled AE. I got the same result.

I think the 11.0.0 version was because I had reinstalled AE several times before to try to fix it. I've updated it again.

Here is the error log from Game Booster 3:

1201 - Time                     : 9/6/2014 11:22:31 PM

1202 - Source                   : Application Hang

1203 - Description              : The program AfterFX.exe version 11.0.4.2 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 760

Start Time: 01cfc9e5fd704102

Termination Time: 17

Application Path: D:\CS6\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\AfterFX.exe

Report Id: 5f071bed-35d9-11e4-b0d6-bc5ff4ca50d7

1201 - Time                     : 9/6/2014 11:22:25 PM

1202 - Source                   : Application Error

1203 - Description              : Faulting application name: dynamiclinkmanager.exe, version: 6.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f44797c

Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2be1e

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x0008d6fd

Faulting process id: 0x1840

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfc9e65ced2a01

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\dynamiclink\CS6\dynamiclinkmanager.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR100.dll

Report Id: 9a9f1bce-35d9-11e4-b0d6-bc5ff4ca50d7

Also since this started happening, After Effects and my other editor (Sony Vegas Pro) are not recognizing that I have Quicktime installed. I've reinstalled Quicktime but that didn't fix it. I'm wondering if it's related.

• 9. Re: DynamicLinkManager causing AE and Premiere to not work
                          Lattenkiste Level 1

It's not related. I just had to install an older version of Quicktime. The newest version is buggy.

Anyone know how to fix my After Effects?