4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2014 12:49 AM by Test Screen Name

When is Adobe going to overhaul 'import frames to layers' in PS?

QuaKeProductions

I think it's absolutely genius, but I dislike the setup of the window design. It's been the same for the longest.

For the most part, everything is good, except when choosing the frames.

I've had trouble choosing good areas to edit even with videos that are 5 minutes in length. It's terrible to find the right spot for very lengthy videos/movies.

Why cant there be a timestamp option? [input the exact spot you'd like the frames to begin]

What about tweaking the adjustors to stop skipping like 20 frames at a time [on longer videos]?

Adding in a mouse scrolling option?

Frame zoom option [as if it were in Premiere Pro or something]?

All of the above? lol

• 1. Re: When is Adobe going to overhaul 'import frames to layers' in PS?
          Level 5

The chances of the right people at Adobe seeing your post in these user forums, which are not officially monitored by Adobe, are very slim.

You may consider filing a featere request.

• 2. Re: When is Adobe going to overhaul 'import frames to layers' in PS?
            Level 5

QuaKeProductions wrote:

…Frame zoom option [as if it were in Premiere Pro or something]?

Re "Premiere Pro":

Inconsistency between or among applications in the artificial "suites" should come as no surprise.

The "suite" concept is a fabrication of Adobe marketing and bean-counting types.  The engineering teams are totally independent of each other, they are not only in different buildings but in different cities and states of the American Union, even in different countries.

The fact that they have little if any communication among them is highlighted by requests occasionally made in these forums by top Adobe engineers to let the other teams know when there are problems in one application that impact our workflow in another one.

• 3. Re: When is Adobe going to overhaul 'import frames to layers' in PS?
              QuaKeProductions Level 1

station_two wrote:

The chances of the right people at Adobe seeing your post in these user forums, which are not officially monitored by Adobe, are very slim.

You may consider filing a featere request.

I was completely unaware of that. Thanks for sharing that.

Never knew they were that distant. Got to learn some new stuff today.

But, as far as the example of Premiere Pro, I didn't actually mean like,  'due to the lack of a better experience in PS, it's causing me issues in PP'. I just enjoy the ability to zoom up to one frame in videos in PP and wondered if something like that or relative could be brought to PS.

...and Thanks for your responses.

• 4. Re: When is Adobe going to overhaul 'import frames to layers' in PS?
                Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

Thousands of people in many countries work for Adobe and there will be formal ways to share information, since it isn't possible for everyone who sees a good idea to send it to the right people. Also, who are the right people? The programmers who will make the change? No, they can't make decisions about how it looks. The project leaders? Well, maybe but their ideas have to be decided on by marketing. Marketing? They don't understand technical stuff.

However, for each new release there will need to be a pile of changes that all these people agree on. By using feature requests, you get a chance at being in this pile.

For the best chance, explain how this change will encourage new people to buy. With subscriptions, the incentive to keep people upgrading has gone, the whole motivation changes in a way that is still to be understood.