5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2014 9:38 PM by A.T. Romano

APE 12, Video track freezes, audio trackcontinues

Phil.com Level 1

APE 12, Video freezes, audio continues

We have loaded video, Quicktime,  on to the time line, about 26 minutes worth. It plays for about 8 minutes and the video track freezes but the audio track continues. I have had that happen on another computer {Vista, APE 11} and I usually stop it and start it again and it goes away. That did not work on this computer. If I drag the Time Line Indicator to the end of the clip the video is still frozen.

Thank you.

Cheers! Phil

• 1. Re: APE 12, Video track freezes, audio trackcontinues
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Please remind me, what computer operating system your Premiere Elements 12 is running on? And, have you said previously that you have updated 12 to

12.1 Update with an opened project's Help Menu/Update?

What are the properties of your source video and what project preset is being set by you or the project to match the properties of the source media?

If you post the brand/model/settings for the camera recording the video, perhaps that will give us enough background information on source media properties?

Just so that I am not taking anything for granted - are you dealing with a rendered Timeline when this Timeline playback behavior is in effect?

When you first drag this video to the Timeline, is there no colored line or orange line over the TImeline content? If no colored line over Timeline content originally, after an edit, did the line turn orange leaving you to render and obtain a green line over the Timeline content? Is the rendered Timeline (with green line over its content) also displaying the problem display behavior?

ATR

• 2. Re: APE 12, Video track freezes, audio trackcontinues
            Phil.com Level 1

ATR, sorry I forgot to mention the operating system, it is Windows 7. This is another editor's computer and he is runing APE 12 recently up loaded to a new laptop. . The nature of the video is Quicktime.

He did an edit of another TV  show we do with the same equipment and had no problems. Properties are set to:  DV Standard 48KHz.

Camera settings. They are studio Cameras recorded through a Tricaster adn down loadec to a Seagate mini ! t hard drive.

I will tell him to do a rendering and see if that helps.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers adn Peace! Phil

• 3. Re: APE 12, Video track freezes, audio trackcontinues
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Thanks for the reply.

If the Timeline rendering is not the key factor in the issue, then we are going to have to take a deeper look into the video...more details other than QuickTime.

This has the ring of "it worked before but not now" rather the easier "it never worked before". However, we may have to take a microscopic look at the then and now details. Does this user have any before video that can be used as a control when evaluating the now situation? Is this issue targeting only one specific piece of footage just recorded and put through

They are studio Cameras recorded through a Tricaster adn down loadec to a Seagate mini ! t hard drive.

ATR

• 4. Re: APE 12, Video track freezes, audio trackcontinues
                Phil.com Level 1

Hi, ATR, as you stated, we suspect it is the video. It was rendered in his APE 12. This was a quick turnaround project so I took it over. I used the miniDV tape from the program and had no problems. I will leave my friend to sort out the video with the studio engineer. We can close this thread. Is there anything I can do to mark it closed?

Thanks for you quick response.

Cheers and Peace!  Phil! Phil

• 5. Re: APE 12, Video track freezes, audio trackcontinues
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Thanks for the reply.

No need to mark it closed. It takes a moderator to do that. As is, It will just fade into history with no additional posts. If you get any new insights into this, then you can always share them here.

Best wishes

ATR