1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2014 9:05 PM by A.T. Romano

almost done with phase 1 of movie...adding a still image in video trac, suddenly an unknown message came up, i clicked cancel just to get rid of it...then it cleared my cashe and now i have no images for the first 7 minutes, my assets were cleared, all my

grandma kichi

Premiere 12...almost done with phase 1 of movie...adding a still image in video trac, suddenly an unknown message came up, i clicked cancel just to get rid of it...then it cleared my cashe and now i have no images for the first 7 minutes, my assets were cleared, all my copies were cleared...it even cleared my external backup with that one click on cancel, what happened, can i get it restored? how?

• 1. Re: almost done with phase 1 of movie...adding a still image in video trac, suddenly an unknown message came up, i clicked cancel just to get rid of it...then it cleared my cashe and now i have no images for the first 7 minutes, my assets were cleared, al
          A.T. Romano Level 7

grandma kichi

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Have you updated from 12 to 12.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Update?

Could we get some more details to make sure that we are OK with the details to help you.

1. Any idea what this Unknown message said, word for word?

2. When you say it cleared your cashe, what do you mean by cashe

a. the first 7 minutes of your Expert workspace Timeline content?

b. the thumbnails in the Expert workspace Project Assets?

c. where is your external backup...an external hard drive?

When you have photos imported into a project, all you have are copies of the photos within the project, not the originals which are safe at their computer hard drive save location. So, right now, I am not seeing how you could have cleared files from an external hard drive from within the Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace. Were you only working in the Premiere Elements Expert workspace or did some of the problems involve the Elements Organizer 12?

We need more details to get at the whys for what happened. Without them, we can only move on to a new project for you and hope whatever happened does not happen again.

We will watch for more details to help us help you.

Thank you.

ATR