9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2014 1:06 PM by bossman344

Missing Animation Presets in After Effects 2014 CC

bossman344

I upgraded from CS6 CC to 2014 CC and cannot now find the Animation Presets anywhere on my system. I deleted CS6 CC because of space considerations. They were in it. Can't find them anywhere on my system. Standard install. WIndows 7 Pro, 6 GB i7 blah blah blah! Was told by Tech Support that I couldn't BROWSE them because I don't have Bridge CC. I do have CS5.5 Premium Bridge, but can't reach it from 2014 CC. Even using it outside of 2014 CC I can't find Animation Presets. I can't find the folder they're supposed to be in, find everything else. 

Help!

• 1. Re: Missing Animation Presets in After Effects 2014 CC
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The presets are in your Applications or Program Files folder inside the Adobe After Effects Folder (same place as the app) in their own folder.

They should show up in the Effects and Presets Panel. Bring that up inside AE by going to Window>Effects and Presets

Screen Shot 2014-08-30 at 8.17.06 AM.png

BTW, Deleting the CS6 app was a very bad idea, you should have used the Uninstaller. Uninstalling CS6 would have no effect on CC14. If you dove into your Programs folder and started deleting things you could have fouled up lots of things.

• 2. Re: Missing Animation Presets in After Effects 2014 CC
            kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

(@rg, i have a question.  i moved this message from another forum and added a reply to the op indicating that.  do you know what happened to that reply?)

• 3. Re: Missing Animation Presets in After Effects 2014 CC
              bossman344 Level 1

Hello Rick Gerard,

Thank you for the prompt and apparently correct answer. However, this did not solve my problem. Perhaps I was not totally clear in my original post.  To that end, before I posted I went to the panel for Effects and Presets inside AE 2014 CC. That was what lead me to start trying to Browse Animation Presents and finding out that Adobe Bridge 2014 CC was not installed, etc. Okay, I can live without that.

The Animation Presets DO NOT SHOW UP in the Effects and Presets panel as you have displayed in the graphic. In fact, searching for Animation in that panel's search box produces no result. Looking at a list of Animation Presets from Adobe's site and searching for several of them produces nothing. The Animation Presets cannot be found. They are not in any folder inside  or outside the install. Even searching my entire system for *.ffx (I believe that is correct) turns up nothing.

Something may have gone awry when I deleted (actually uninstalled) CS6 using Windows' own uninstall function. I only did that because my then hard drive was crammed to the max and functionality had degraded. I replaced that drive and now I'm a happy camper again except for not finding the Animation Presets.

IF I deleted/uninstalled them inadvertently, what are my options for getting them back? Deactivate and reinstall 2014 CC? What about reinstall/reactivate(?) CS6? Thanks once again and also in advance.

• 4. Re: Missing Animation Presets in After Effects 2014 CC
                bossman344 Level 1

And, yes, I checked "Show Animation Presents" in the Effects and Presets dropdown. The answer may be something very obvious (which I've been known to overlook), but that's not it. Thanks again.

• 5. Re: Missing Animation Presets in After Effects 2014 CC
                  bossman344 Level 1

The Effects are there. No Animation Presets.

• 6. Re: Missing Animation Presets in After Effects 2014 CC
                    Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Regarding Bridge: Why don't you just install it? It's available from the same place where you downloaded After Effects, through the Creative Cloud desktop application.

• 7. Re: Missing Animation Presets in After Effects 2014 CC
                      bossman344 Level 1

Apparently for Bridge CC I have to pay a subscription. I have Bridge in an owned version of CS5.5 Premium Design along with several other apps. Can't access that version of Bridge from within AE 2014 CC. Frankly I don't want to pay another fee for that. I would be terribly happy to find the Animation Presets even without visuals of using Bridge. I did discover that I needed to check Categories in the panel drop down, but the only thing I find there is a preset I downloaded from a 3rd party site.

I've looked exhaustively over my entire system and cannot find After Effects Animation Presets. I'm sure the solution is simple - to someone - but I haven't found it. As of today, I've given up looking for it until after I do my assignment, due middle of next week. I will go to school lab and work on it there - after the holiday weekend.

• 8. Re: Missing Animation Presets in After Effects 2014 CC
                        bossman344 Level 1

I have a 1-app CC subscription just for After Effects. Had I known I would get into it and like it so much, I would have bought a version of the Premium Design package that included it. Thanks for the suggestion however.

• 9. Re: Missing Animation Presets in After Effects 2014 CC
                          bossman344 Level 1

I was told by the phone tech support person yesterday - Friday 08/29 - that I would need to pay for Bridge 2014 CC, which seems kind of strange, but I guess that's business and I don't blame Adobe for trying to make a buck.