4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2014 7:59 AM by sisea

Missing page numbers in a section of a document

sisea

Why have page numbers disappeared from a section of the document?  Those pages now have bold lines around the right page, bottom and one that extends down the center. When I try to export, the pages appear blank in a pdf.  HELP PLEASE!

• 1. Re: Missing page numbers in a section of a document
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

As I said in your other thread, we need more information, especially some screen shots. Include the Layers panel and expand the layers.

• 2. Re: Missing page numbers in a section of a document
            sisea Level 1

Peter,

Thanks for your help here.  I have been working with InDesign for years and have not come across this particular problem. I feel I did something in the PAGES window to create the problem; I'm not sure what I did, and I have no way of getting a screen shot now.  Since I couldn't figure out the problem, I had to come up with a way to continue working due to upcoming deadline.  In the document the first 35 pages were working perfectly, along with pages 66-106. So I just added pages after 35, cut and pasted, then deleted corrupted spread until I had eliminated the problem pages.  I almost think I must have added a section marker or divided the pages somehow...just don't know how.  Any suggestions as to what I might have done, so I'll know what was happening? If a document is configured with sections within the pages window, are there markings (bold lines) around the right and bottom edges of document?  Then, whatever the problem, it was keeping me from exporting (using different methods) to a pdf.  The  pdf would appear blank for those pages within document.  All other pages exported fine.

Even though I found a method of solving the problem, I would like to know what the real problem was.

• 3. Re: Missing page numbers in a section of a document
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

At this point I don' t think there's anything I can tell you. I'd need to see the screen shots, or better, the document itself in the state where it didn't work.

• 4. Re: Missing page numbers in a section of a document
                sisea Level 1

After I finish and have everything to press, then, I'm going to figure this out.  Will get back to you. Thanks!