6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2014 2:29 PM by worspan

Adobe Premiere 12 Elements Trial

worspan

I uploaded Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 just the other day. I have already used Photoshop with no problems what so ever. Premiere, a program that I have never used before, always crashes when I try to add media...   pictures, video, sound...  even the media provided with the program causes it to crash. I am running windows 8.1 on a desktop that I purchased in Spring of 2013, Gateway tower, AMD A6 5400K APU with Radeon HD graphics, 3.6 GHz, 6 GB RAM, 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor. I use Windows defender and a firewall but I didn't encounter any problems on the install so I am doubtful that the anti virus and firewall caused this.

When I checked for compatibility I was given the green light, but now when I run a check after the crashes it says that I do indeed have a compatibility issue. I have searched the threads hoping to find a cure for this issue and then I realize that I have a trial version of it...  why am I doing the leg work here???  The whole point of the trial is to determine whether or not I like the program, not kill myself trying to make it work...  as it stands the program is not usable. The trial phase has moved into the support aspect of things now. Please help me get this thing up and running so I can decide whether or not I should purchase it. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere 12 Elements Trial
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

•For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

•-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

•ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere 12 Elements Trial
            worspan Level 1

Hi John, I just finished updating (it looked more like a complete overhaul from all the activity) and then re booted...   opened Premiere and was able to go and obtain media but the minute I try to add any media to the video timeline below the program crashes. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere 12 Elements Trial
              A.T. Romano Level 7

worspan

Premiere Elements 12 tryout on Windows 8.1 64 bit. Did you install the program to the default locations during installation?

Have you gone through the usual drills

1. Latest version of QuickTime installed on computer with Premiere Elements?

2. Running program from User Account with Administrative Privileges and running with Run As Administrator applied to the desktop icon for the program?

3. Have you done the deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that did not work, the deletion of the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists? In your Windows 8.1 64 bit, the path would be

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder should be the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not solve the problem, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

4. If you cannot take jpg photos to the Expert workspace Timeline without the program crashing, then I would suggest that you uninstall, do a ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaning parts), and then the reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

CCleaner - Download

You might want to use the installation files from the following web site, making sure that you read and care out carefully the web site's Note: Very Important Instructions with its click "here" in order to avoid Access Denied message.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

I have Premiere Elements 12/12.1 installed on Windows 8.1 64 bit and it is fully compatible with my computer environment. You are getting the full benefits of a tryout approach in that you are determining the compatibility of the product in your specific computer environment before you purchase. In reflection, can you spot any 3rd party codecs, plug-ins, or other software that might be a candidate for interfering component in this situation?

Also, when you open the program to the Expert workspace, before you import source media and you go to Help Menu/do you see a Sign In or a Sign Out?

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere 12 Elements Trial
                worspan Level 1

Thank you A.T., I will try my best at this. I am a plumber by trade not a computer programmer unfortunately. When I purchase tools for my trade they work or I return them. When I purchase or install software I would like it to work as designed, not for me to be spending hours of my time resolving issues that I didn't necessarily create. I am sure that it isn't a problem with the software but instead my computer...   but as I am a plumber and not a programmer I can only guess half the time what the source of the problem is. Thanks again for your tips.

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere 12 Elements Trial
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

worspan

Thanks for the reply and the spirit of trying in spite of the circumstances.

I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way, just user to user; nonetheless will go the extra mile to help you succeed. I work from "never give up", so, when and if, enough is enough for you if a solution is resisting being found, please let me know.

Thinking positive thoughts, looking forward to your follow up news

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere 12 Elements Trial
                    worspan Level 1

Thanks A.T., I am working through this. I just dumped a bunch of suspect programs that have been glitchy since day one, I used the cleaner and I uninstalled the Premiere software and cleaned again...  just reinstalling the software again. Quicktime is up to date with version 7 I believe. Just opened the program as administrator...   and CRASH-A-POLOOZA!   smh... Seriously?