2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2014 11:58 PM by Dean Utian

Script on this page may be busy...

Dean Utian Adobe Community Professional

Hi all,

I've started using Edge Animate with a class of mine and have seen an error in one student's project where got the error:

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete...."
      followed by

Script file path\edge_includes\edge.4.0.1.min.js:172

I tried removing scripts, replacing the edge.4.0.1.min.js file with a clean one - did not fix the problem. Only way I could resolve it was to copy and paste all the content to a new clean file. Side note - copy and paste wasn't all that simple.

This is on Windows, using Firefox. Chrome doesn't even load anything.

Any thoughts on this and ways to resolve other than what I have done?

Thanks.

Dean

• 1. Re: Script on this page may be busy...
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This happens when a script is repeating a part of code in a loop. Did you any code in your composition and if yes, what is it?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Script on this page may be busy...
            Dean Utian Adobe Community Professional

Thanks for the reply. The  scripting in the file was not all that sophisticated - just a pause in the timeline and a link to another part of the timeline when a graphic is clicked. Think there was a script that switched the button members to create a highlight effect. I had deleted all the scripts and that did not solve the problem.

One thing that Edge Animate is not good at is cleaning up/removing unwanted material when things have been changed.