5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2014 6:00 AM by rrroales

Exports both JPG and a copy of the NEF

rrroales

I was playing with some settings and where before LR 5.6 exported only JPG files, it now exports both JPG and a copy of the NEF file. How do I just export the JPG and not both? What do I shut off?

• 1. Re: Exports both JPG and a copy of the NEF
          D.A.R Adobe Community Professional

What settings were you playing with?

Can you take a screenshot of the export dialog.

Do you shoot RAW+JPG?

Are your export settings set to Original in the File Settings portion?

• 2. Re: Exports both JPG and a copy of the NEF
            rrroales Level 1

Thanks David. I have figured it out.

• 3. Re: Exports both JPG and a copy of the NEF
              areohbee Level 5

So, how was your issue resolved, if you don't mind..

• 4. Re: Exports both JPG and a copy of the NEF
                rrroales Level 1

I was doing some tests and, being lazy, rather than import a file from a flash card, I imported from a subfolder in my work folder where I keep the RAW files from a shoot named “RAW”. Usually, the files are imported into this “RAW folder from the flash cards. Apparently, if the NEF file you are importing is already in the folder you are saving to (“RAW”), LR saves to the root directory (“work” folder) which is where I normally export my edited LR files. There needs to be a dialog box come up that says your are saving to the same folder or something to that effect. Goes to show – never try to work late at night when you are tired.

Long story short, LR was NOT exporting JPG or TIFF files along with the NEF file. The NEF file was copied to the work folder on import. Goes to show – never try to work late at night when you are tired.

• 5. Re: Exports both JPG and a copy of the NEF
                  rrroales Level 1

I was doing some tests and, being lazy, rather than import a file from a flash card, I imported from a subfolder in my work folder where I keep the RAW files from a shoot named “RAW”. Usually, the files are imported into this “RAW folder from the flash cards. Apparently, if the NEF file you are importing is already in the folder you are saving to (“RAW”), LR saves to the root directory (“work” folder) which is where I normally export my edited LR files. There needs to be a dialog box come up that says your are saving to the same folder or something to that effect. Goes to show – never try to work late at night when you are tired.

Long story short, LR was NOT exporting JPG or TIFF files along with the NEF file. The NEF file was copied to the work folder on import. Goes to show – never try to work late at night when you are tired.