4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2014 11:02 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I transfer Premier Elements 11 to my new computer?

Brookes49 Level 1

I have just purchased a new laptop and now want to transfer the Premiere Elements 11 and photo Elements 11 software to it.

I have tried to do it by entering all the relevant information without success.

Thanks

• 1. Re: How do I transfer Premier Elements 11 to my new computer?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You don't transfer, you install new

Start with the appropriate disc in your drive and run the install procedure

• 2. Re: How do I transfer Premier Elements 11 to my new computer?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Brookes49

Important preliminary questions

1. What is the computer operating system of computer 1, and what is the computer operating system of computer 2?

2. What do you have - installation files from purchase of an online download with serial number or installation disc from purchase of the boxed packaged product? And, if from installation files from purchase of an online download, please confirm to what operating system it was downloaded. And, if from installation files, did you purchase from Adobe direct or from some place else?

3. In what way have the installs failed - Shared Technologies error messages, invalid serial number, etc?

The above answers are needed into order to give you the best possible answer to your very generalized question.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: How do I transfer Premier Elements 11 to my new computer?
              Brookes49 Level 1

Hi John / ATR

Many thanks for your replies, and apologies for my delay in answering.

I am please to report that I have managed to get both the software programs transferred to my new computer and all seems well.

I was lucky in as much that I recently had my old computer in for repair and the repair guy had left me the exe for both programs on my separate hard drive.

I just dragged and dropped onto the new computer, input the serial no and bingo it's on.

many thank again

Arthur

• 4. Re: How do I transfer Premier Elements 11 to my new computer?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Arthur

Great news. Great job.

Thanks for reporting back with the results.

Please do not hesitate to ask if any question or need clarification on your specific Premiere Elements workflows.

Best wishes.

ATR