1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 31, 2014 1:07 AM by kajzica

Existing indd...move all text to new layer but preserving original apperance..rasterize all but not text

kajzica Level 1

hello

I have many single layer indesign documents and need to rasterize all objects but not text. Final indd must look like original version. Maybe with some script to move all text to new layer. Can be problem with hidden text bellow objects, images, text on path, effects etc...In this way I can produce pdf from object layer and rasterize it and after that put above that text layer with live text. Simply, I want to rasterize all objects but not text. All text must be a live.

How I can to that? thanks

• 1. Re: Existing indd...move all text to new layer but preserving original apperance..rasterize all but not text
          kajzica Level 1

Pitstop 12 update 2 have some like this but i need to test this.

Problem:

We need to convert pdf to swf with full live text for searching and marking. We use pdf2swf from swftools. but this software dont understand blendings and other live effects in newer version pdfs. because of this i need to rasterize all but not text. i can go via distiller which will flatten pdf but this proces make other problems with fonts.

In future i will instruct workers how to prepare layout in indesign. objects on layer 1 and text to layer 2 above that. but now i have 130 books with wrong layouts-)))