1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 31, 2014 4:22 AM by areohbee

I have not been able to open up Lightroom on my computer for over a year now. Whenever I double click on it, this comes up - can anyone help? Problem signature:   Problem Event Name:APPCRASH   Application Name:lightroom.exe   Application Version:3.4.1.10

bex34

I have not been able to open up Lightroom on my computer for over a year now. Whenever I double click on it, this comes up - can anyone help? Problem signature:   Problem Event Name:APPCRASH   Application Name:lightroom.exe   Application Version:3.4.1.10

• 1. Re: I have not been able to open up Lightroom on my computer for over a year now. Whenever I double click on it, this comes up - can anyone help? Problem signature:   Problem Event Name:APPCRASH   Application Name:lightroom.exe   Application Version:3.4.1
          areohbee Level 5

First thing to try is the latest version of Lightroom (currently 5.6). If it don't crash, then problem solved - upgrade.

If Lr5 won't run on your machine, then Lr4 instead.

If both Lr5 and Lr4 crash on your machine, then at least you know it's a not a Lightroom version problem but something wonked in your system.

If you can't figure out how to resolve the crash on the system you have, then it's time for a new system (or try another converter/editor app).

PS - A few things to try:

* After re-installing new version, if that doesn't fix it, then get rid of all Lightroom-related data files (rename them so they can be restored), in case problem is in Lr data file.

* Remove all non-essential hardware in case problem is hardware/driver.

* Startup up machine with minimal software services.

* If still no go, consider updating driver software, including mainboard drivers and/or bios firmware if need be.

* Of course run all the system hardware and software diagnostics you can - problem could be failing disk or ram..

* Check system event logs for any clues.

If you don't know how to do some of these things - ask.

Do not say "you've tried everything" unless you want a lecture - there is most definitely something you haven't tried. It's like when you can't find your car keys - you haven't looked everywhere -  there is somewhere you haven't looked!

PS - Has Lightroom EVER worked on your machine? what's changed since then..

Good luck,

Rob