For now I am assuming that you are running Premiere Elements 9 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit......and, that the problem exists with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.....
What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 9 running on? Have you installed the 9.0.1 Update for the program? If not, please do so from the following link from Adobe
You can install the above even with Premiere Elements 9 closed.
Can we assume that you did that when you wrote
- install all updates
Did you delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if that did not work, the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists?
Can we assume that you have when you wrote
- delete all elements files from users and program folder
When was the last time you used the program successfully?
When you did the uninstall/reinstall, did you do the sequence
1. Uninstall via Control Panel
2. free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)
3. reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled
Let us start here and then decide what next based on your details.
thank you for answering!
Regaring your remarks / questions:
- I am running Elements on Windows 7
- Yes, I did install all updates
- Yes, I deleted the application via Control Panel.First the prefs file and then, after an unsuccessful trial, I deleted the whole 9.0 folder..5
- I deleted all folders manually, so I need to try your link to automatically delete all.
- Last time I started a new project is about 1.5 years ago.
- I reinstalled Elements with MacAffee switched on.
So, tomorrow I`ll de-install including your link to delete all respective files and then will reinstall Elements swiching off the Antivirus.
I`ll come back to you, if it worked out.
Thanks for the follow up.
We will be watching for your progress whenever your schedule permits.
McAfee is notorious for causing major problems for Premiere Elements. From what I have read, it takes control over antivirus as well as the firewall(s).
Disable McAfee while troubleshooting a particular phase. You may have to contact McAfee to determine the most appropriate configuration of it to be able to run Premiere Elements. But, let us do one step at a time.
Thanks for considering the troubleshooting.
management summary: issue solved, root cause: McAfee, i.e. Online Scan
- I deinstalled Premiere Elements again, used CC Cleaner and deleted manually the Elements Folder in the user profile
- Then I disabled all Functions from McAfee and reinstalled Premiere Elements and downloaded all updates
- I started a new project, McAfee still off: it worked out
- I turned all McAfee functions on: New Project did not work out
- Trying out different McAfee functions and Premiere Elements it turned out to be the "Online Scan" which hinders the project function from working
Thanks a lot for helping!
Many thanks for the follow up. Great news that you have identified the cause of the issues. Great job.
Best wishes as you move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.
Your follow up information will be a great help to all.