3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2007 4:53 AM by Newsgroup_User

Internal Network Error

nicoske
      Hi everyone,

We have a big issue with Coldfusion MX 7.0.2 on a Windows 2003 web edition SP1 with SQL and Access datasources. The server randomly does not respond (this could occurs each day or each week), all web pages using coldfusion says that an Internal network has occured.
      Here's the exception log:
      "Error","jrpp-1","04/16/07","20:58:23","xxx","Error Executing Database Query.[Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver]Internal network error, connection closed. The specific sequence of files included or processed is: D:\rootdir\main.cfm, line: 1 "
      "Error","jrpp-3","04/16/07","21:59:47","xxx","Error Executing Database Query.Timed out trying to establish connection The specific sequence of files included or processed is: D:\rootdiry\main.cfm, line: 17 "
      This is repeated at each HTTP request.

When trying to restart the Coldfusion services it couldn't stop, I need to kill wcsoc.exe (locking the tracing file of odbc connections) then restart cfmx app server and odbc server. I didn't see any hotfix covering this problem and on newsgroups/google some people are talking this issue without answer.

If someone already experienced this problem please contribute to this post. If the logs were more verbose it could be easier to debug.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Internal Network Error
          Level 7
          nicoske wrote:
          >
          > We have a big issue with Coldfusion MX 7.0.2 on a Windows 2003 web edition SP1
          > with SQL and Access datasources. The server randomly does not respond (this
          > could occurs each day or each week), all web pages using coldfusion says that
          > an Internal network has occured.
          > Here's the exception log:
          > "Error","jrpp-1","04/16/07","20:58:23","xxx","Error Executing Database
          > Query.[Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver]Internal network error, connection
          > closed. The specific sequence of files included or processed is:
          > D:\rootdir\main.cfm, line: 1 "

> When trying to restart the Coldfusion services it couldn't stop, I need to
          > kill wcsoc.exe (locking the tracing file of odbc connections) then restart cfmx
          > app server and odbc server.

Switch your Access databases from the ODBC driver to the Access for
          Unicode driver. (Make sure you try that in your test environment first.)

Jochem

--
          Jochem van Dieten
          Adobe Community Expert for ColdFusion
          • 2. Re: Internal Network Error
            nicoske Level 1
            I'll try that after modifying databases to unicode, we use ISO-8859-1 currently. What's the real difference between them ? It seems that uncicode driver using Microsoft driver.

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Internal Network Error
              Level 7
              nicoske wrote:
              > I'll try that after modifying databases to unicode, we use ISO-8859-1 currently.

It should work without that.

> What's the real difference between them ? It seems that uncicode driver using Microsoft driver.

The normal driver uses a JDBC-ODBC bridge that runs as a separate
              service process. The Unicode driver directly uses the MS OLE interface.

Jochem

--
              Jochem van Dieten
              Adobe Community Expert for ColdFusion