2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2014 8:29 AM by thanulee

SRGB monitor and SRGB color space in After Effects

thanulee

Hello, I would like to ask some really basics about color correction. I do mostly animations and editing that plays on web and television sometimes. Im using a dell 2713hm monitor. Should i use the sRGB profile when i color correct? Also should i set my After Effects also to sRGB color space? thanx

• 1. Re: SRGB monitor and SRGB color space in After Effects
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Without proper color calibration for your monitor none of this matters in any way and you can simply leave everything off and hope for the best.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: SRGB monitor and SRGB color space in After Effects
            thanulee Level 1

My monitor comes calibrated in sRGB i think. But in any case, i m getting the spy4elite tool these days so will fix this issue.

So lets suppose it is. And please lets keep the explanation as simple as possible, cause i have read A LOT and i got confused.

From my understanding when having 8bit and i need to export for web, i should use the sRGB both in profile monitor, in AE color management and in output module? If that is correct, i wanna know what i do when i do 32 bit compositing, and also what i do when i got things for television (either motion graphics/3d or footage)

thanx