3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2007 8:14 AM by ProseWritinWageSlave

Macintosh?

Veronica_Fucci
      I have a Mac at home. It's less than a year old, I am putting a training program together for a work/school project. I would like to be able to show the program to work and school. At school the programs are windows based. How do I download and create this program from home and still be able to use it for presentation purposes at work and at home? Also, I only want the trial for now, and hopefully my work will be willing to purchase it in the future. My number one dilemma is just to be able to start by downloading Robohelp.

Thanks,

Veronica
        • 1. Re: Macintosh?
          RoboWizard Level 4
          Hi Veronica and welcome to our community

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Are you wanting to run the actual RoboHelp application on your Mac? Or are you asking about running the RoboHelp Output on your Mac?

If you are referring to the former, RoboHelp doesn't run on a Mac. Well, it doesn't run in the Apple environment anyway. I've seen it used in classrooms on the new iMac computers that run both Windows and Apple software.

If you are referring to the latter, the WebHelp or FlashHelp outputs are what you are looking for.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Macintosh?
            ProseWritinWageSlave
            Hi.

If you can get your hands on a copy of Virtual PC from Microsoft you can run any Windoze program on your Mac.

( http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/virtualpc/virtualpc.aspx?pid=virtualpc)

Depending on your Mac's processing power, things may run slowly, but they will run. Version 7 is what I'm familiar with; it is very stable. Supposedly later versions run faster.

Please email me at scrivner_99@yahoo.com if you have more questions about this product. Disclaimer: I have no financial interest from and am not an expert on this product.

All the best,

Michael
            • 3. Re: Macintosh?
              ProseWritinWageSlave Level 1
              Hi again.

Sorry - I meant Version 6 of Virtual PC is what I'm familiar with. Version 7 is suposedly faster.

Michael