3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2014 3:01 PM by A.T. Romano

System requirements

Pegasus Aerial Imagery

I have an ASUS laptop, Windows 8.1, Processor Intel (R) Core (TM) i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80 GHz, RAM 4.0 GB, System type 64 bit Operating System x64-based processor.  Will Premiere Element run efficiently on my laptop?

• 1. Re: System requirements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Pegasus

It should run, but "efficiently" would be questioned given the resources cited.

I would have concerns about the size and the formats of the video to be edited related to processor and 4 GB installed RAM.

The Adobe System Requirements are typically minimum requirements that will at least get the program installed and get you

through some basic SD projects.

But, no matter what I or others might comment, I would take a look at the tryout program in your specific computer environment to see

for yourself how this all works or does not work for you for your planned projects.

If you have more details, we would be glad to comment on them.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: System requirements
            Pegasus Aerial Imagery Level 1

Thank you for your insight on this.  Most videos will be edited to about 1 minute, some audio, some not.  I'll try the trial period, and if it doesn't work, then no harm no foul.

• 3. Re: System requirements
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Pegasus Aerial Imagery

Thanks for the reply.

Just be aware that Adobe should be releasing a new version of Premiere Elements at the end of September 2014. No one but Adobe knows the feature set for a new version. It is only made public at the moment of release of the new version. Premiere Elements 12 will continue to be the tryout version until a new version is released. Then the new version will be offered as tryout thereafter. I always go the tryout before any purchase considerations.

Best wishes.

ATR