1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 1, 2014 7:46 PM by A.T. Romano

installation problems Premiere Elements 12,

octopodian@yahoo.com

I simply cannot install it.  first it tells me it can't install 64 bit as the setup defaults to 32 bit (I guess it would take some sort of magic box to be able to detect that, or a programmer with super powers to give me the option to directly install 64 bit.)  I go to the 64 bit folder  in the explorer and find setup.exe which runs installs successfully then disappears,there is no follow through, I am just left hanging.  What was the point in that? I've been to regedit which was equally pointless     I have tried converting a trial download, and tried to install from disk more times than I can remember.  I have this theory: You put the disk in and, lo, it installs.

I have purchased two Photoshop Elements versions and Lightroom so i am neither a newbie nor more antagonistic toward adobe then the average guy but this is very frustrating.  The read-me was of no help as it did not address the 64-bit, so here I am hoping someone can help me find a way to install it.

thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: installation problems Premiere Elements 12,
          A.T. Romano Level 7

octopodian

Basic

Given that your Premiere Elements version is 12. On what specific computer operating system are you trying to install it?

More Details

Are you using installation files from an online purchase from Adobe or installation disc from an authorized reseller or other?

If installation files from an online purchase from someone, to what operating system were installation files downloaded?

The Usual Drill

Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer involved?

Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR