11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2015 3:23 AM by liana_michelle

All Paper Profiles = Magenta Cast...Display Profiles are fine

impactsystemsDT Level 1

R3000 - Windows 7 - 64 bit - Lightroom 5.6 - Print Module

Tried every possible combination of printer driver Mode and Profile (under Color Management tab in print module).

Using OFF (no color adjustment), as recommended by Epson or Epson Standard or ICM with any paper profile produces either very dark images or heavy Magenta Color Cast.  The only setting that produce a proper print (or Print to: JPEG file for that matter) are Adobe RGB mode and Adobe RGB Profile (I believe SRGB works as well).  I'm baffled.  I have a properly calibrated monitor and I've read all the manuals and message boards....I've downloaded new Epson profiles and Red River profiles...all produce heavy Magenta Cast....I cannot find a way to use a Paper ICC profile. 

• 1. Re: All Paper Profiles = Magenta Cast...Display Profiles are fine
          RikkFlohr Adobe Community Professional

Green Cast = No Profiling.

Magenta Cast = Double Profiling.

Turn off all color management in the Printer Dialogs and Print using Lightroom to manage colors with the appropriate profile selected in Lightroom.

• 2. Re: All Paper Profiles = Magenta Cast...Display Profiles are fine
            impactsystemsDT Level 1

thanks for the reply.  Yes I have done this.  Selected OFF in the printer driver....then any Paper profile I select in Lightroom results in Magenta Cast...If I choose a Monitor profile such as Adobe RGB in Lightroom Print Module, then colors are correct.  No Paper profile (tried 5 different profiles from Epson and Red River) produces an image without heave Magenta Cast (no matter what setting I use in the printer driver, including OFF)

The only thing I've foudn that produces an accurate print is Adobe RGB in Printer Profile and Adobe RGG (display profile) in the Lightroom print Module

• 3. Re: All Paper Profiles = Magenta Cast...Display Profiles are fine
              RikkFlohr Adobe Community Professional

Make certain you have turned off the Window Systems driver profiles in the Control Panel as well.

I print every day from Lightroom in Win 7 and if you turn off Windows CM, turn off the Printer CM and let Lightroom manage the color, it works perfectly. I suspect you have left something else on.

• 4. Re: All Paper Profiles = Magenta Cast...Display Profiles are fine
                impactsystemsDT Level 1

Yes!...this is exactly the type of thing I was hoping someone bring up.  I'm in the Color Management Tab in Windows, but not sure what to turn off or check.  I've selected the Epson Printer as the device and it has "Automatic" for the profile.  Should I check  "use my settings for this device"?

• 5. Re: All Paper Profiles = Magenta Cast...Display Profiles are fine
                  impactsystemsDT Level 1

I've tried checking "Use my settings for this device" and it didn't change anything.  There are a bunch of other pull downs including Manual profiles etc....I'm not sure what to do here.

• 6. Re: All Paper Profiles = Magenta Cast...Display Profiles are fine
                    DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

Quote "Make certain you have turned off the Window Systems driver profiles in the Control Panel as well.

I print every day from Lightroom in Win 7 and if you turn off Windows CM,"

Rikk, I also use Windows and I am not sure what you are referring to here, is it possible to post a screen capture.

• 7. Re: All Paper Profiles = Magenta Cast...Display Profiles are fine
                      impactsystemsDT Level 1

I'm consider myself very windows 7 literate.  I've been using Microsoft operating systems since DOS.  I've spent 2 hours going through all of the instructions and settings for Color Management (which is one of the only things in windows I've never really examined) and I'm lost.  The fact that I even have to change something in here is really weird.  Nothing in the Lightroom or Epson information specifies changing anything here. 

Having said that, it makes complete sense that this is the section that is somehow messing up my paper profiles.  If anyone can give us specific steps detaling the changes neccesary in the Color Managment setting for Windows 7 that will allow my Epson printer to use the Paper Profiles in Lightroom instead of "double color managing", I would be very grateful.

Thanks

• 8. Re: All Paper Profiles = Magenta Cast...Display Profiles are fine
                        JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm sure that you already know everything that I'm going to write here. But I will share what little bit of knowledge I have about printing from Lightroom. I have a Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer which utilizes paper profiles. These are the steps that I normally take:

1 Disable color management in the printer.

2. In the printer driver choose the type of paper based on instructions for the profile I'm going to use.

3. In Lightroom, choose the profile for the exact paper that is going to be used.

I have chosen to use a lot of Red River paper. And they provide profiles for my printer for every paper they sell. They also provide instructions telling me which paper type I should choose in the printer driver. In Lightroom, I choose the specific profile for the paper I'm going to print on. Using this approach, I'm able to obtain prints that match the screen is very closely. Like I said, you probably already know all this. But maybe (although doubtfully) something has been overlooked.

• 9. Re: All Paper Profiles = Magenta Cast...Display Profiles are fine
                          impactsystemsDT Level 1

Thanks, Jim.  Yes, I've done all of that.  I've even loaded some additional Red River and Epson profiles in addition to the ones that came with the R3000.  All Paper profiles produce the same result.....Strong Magenta Cast.  If I change to a "display" profile, such as Adobe RGB, along with Adobe RGB in the printer driver, prints look good, but they are not profiled exactly to the paper.

From what I gather, somehow the print is being "double color managed", but I don't know how.

Also, if I choose to Print to a "JPEG file", instead of the printer, the JPEG file looks the same as the prints.

• 10. Re: All Paper Profiles = Magenta Cast...Display Profiles are fine
                            DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

For what its worth I am posting screen shots of my "Windows 7 Color Management settings".

I use a Canon Pro9000 Mk11 so I cannot comment on how to turn off the color management in the Printer Drivers preferences, which needs to be done if you are selecting a color profile in Lightroom.

Image00280.jpg

Image00281.jpg

See if the additional info at this link helps.

Epson R3000 -Print Driver settings, Windows 7

• 11. Re: All Paper Profiles = Magenta Cast...Display Profiles are fine
                              liana_michelle

Hi!

I have the exact same problem with my R3000. Definitely not a calibration issue (printing control prints which have printed fine before). Any paper profile (EPSON and bespoke ones) is magenta, display profiles are ok but not true to the image. Did you ever find what the issue was?

thanks!