2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 10:28 PM by A.T. Romano

Choppy playback in Premiere Elements 12

SpiffySpecimen

Hey,

Okay so I'm trying to create a short film for a class assignment and I'm having trouble viewing back the footage I have. I've been told to look into rendering my footage but I'm not getting a orange band above to render it with. I am aware that if there isn't an orange band then the program has 'decided' that I'm getting the best footage I can get but it's not helping the fact that the footage I want to edit is all choppy.

How can I fix this? I need to know as soon as possible please. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Choppy playback in Premiere Elements 12
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Jerky or slow playback http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1071217

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•You MUST use an account with Administrator Privileges to run Premiere Elements

•(Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for "All" versions of Premiere] will sometimes fix "odd" errors)

•What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 12 with the 12.0.1 update).

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac"

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

•Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

And some other questions...

•How many and what speed are your hard drives?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

• 2. Re: Choppy playback in Premiere Elements 12
            A.T. Romano Level 7

SpiffySpecimen

It is late where I am so I will give you an idea to work with and then follow up with you on your issue tomorrow if you still have the problem.

OK, you have a rendered Timeline and your video is playing back chopping. Let us try a force render on this.

Right click the video on the Timeline, select Time Stretch, and, in the Time Stretch dialog change the Speed % to 99. Close out of there.

This minor adjust will force an orange line over that Timeline content. Hit the Render button and determine if this rendered Timeline play back is better in the Edit area monitor.

Lots of other possibilities here.

More in the morning.

ATR

If that did not work, get ready for lots of questions about

project preset

properties of source media

and more