14 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 4:29 PM by terryh91350549

Edge animations not working on godaddy

DrMontague Level 2

None of my edge animations work on Godaddy. When I upload them to Godaddy they don't work. Does anyone know why?

• 1. Re: Edge animations not working on godaddy
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

HI there,

I am using GoDaddy and have no problem. How did you upload your files? What publishing did you use. We need more info.

• 2. Re: Edge animations not working on godaddy
            Vicki DR

Hello,  I am also having trouble with an Edge animation on the GoDaddy server.  It works fine in all browsers from the local site but is invisible when I upload it to GoDaddy.  I have talked to GoDaddy support and there is nothing they can do since the file is there and everything appears to be working on their end.  Here is the thing that is really confusing me:  I have four separate Edge animations in the site html document, three of the four are working perfectly fine.  It's just the one that is not showing up.  I am using Edge Animate  2014 and Dreamweaver CC.  The files were published as OAM files and were uploaded to GoDaddy through their ftp.  At first I thought that the animation wasn't showing because Autoplay was not checked, not the issue.  Then thought the issue was a background in the Dreamweaver html file, I put the background image into the Animate file and took it out of the css, still no luck.  The only difference between this document and the others that are working is that this particular animation has animated Symbols in it.  Could that be the issue?  Not sure why it would be but I am just trying to give you all of the info I can think of.  Any suggestions you could give me would be very much appreciated.  Thank you!

• 3. Re: Edge animations not working on godaddy
              Devendra Kumar Adobe Employee

Hi Vicki,

Have you tried on different browser?

Also, I would suggest please try clearing browser cache file.

Please share more details about the issue like url, sample project or any screenshot.

Regards,

Devendra

• 4. Re: Edge animations not working on godaddy
                Vicki DR Level 1

Devendra,

Thank you.  Here is the url of the site  http://www.itsagirlnation.com.  You can see as you scroll down that there is a line of text that says  “…click below…” and there is just a big white space where the animation should be.  There should be an image of a ringed portfolio binder that opens up and has the symbol animations that, when clicked, take you to the detail portfolio pages.

I’ve tried looking at the site in Safari, Chrome and Firefox, cleared the caches in each and have disabled the cache in Safari to keep checking on it.

Would it help if I sent you the OAM file for the animation?

Thank you for your help.

Vicki De Roeck

vderoeck@comcast.net

cell: (312)218-5725

"Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot

to the town gossip."

-- Will Rogers

• 5. Re: Edge animations not working on godaddy
                  dharmk Adobe Employee

Hi Vickie,

Looks like the folder edge animate_assets/CollectionAnimate is not there on the server. Can you check?

Also, its always a good idea to use all small-case letters in the URL's, just double check for URL's for any case mismatch.

Regards,

Dharmendra

• 6. Re: Edge animations not working on godaddy
                    dharmk Adobe Employee

Small correction - the missing folder name is "edgeanimate_assets/CollectionAnimate", without any spaces.

-Dharmendra

• 7. Re: Edge animations not working on godaddy
                      Vicki DR Level 1

I checked and you were so right.  The folder was not there.  I have just uploaded the CollectionAnimate folder to the edgeanimate-assets folder on Go Daddy.  My fingers are crossed that this does the trick.  I will check it in a few minutes (give it a few minuted to update) and let you know.  You are so great, thank you for your help and your very prompt replies.

Vicki De Roeck

vderoeck@comcast.net

to the town gossip."

-- Will Rogers

• 8. Re: Edge animations not working on godaddy
                        Vicki DR Level 1

Dharmendra,

Thank you for resolving the issue.  It was not an Animate issue at all but an error in my naming conventions.  I truly don't know how you figured it out but I can't thank you enough!

I am just amazed and grateful at the prompt and competent response to my issue.  Absolutely fabulous!  Thank you!!!!!

• 9. Re: Edge animations not working on godaddy
                          dharmk Adobe Employee

Thanks Vicki. I am happy that we could help you towards a resolution

-Dharmendra

• 10. Re: Edge animations not working on godaddy
                            Vicki DR Level 1

You were really wonderful.  Thank you for your help.

Vicki

Vicki De Roeck

vderoeck@comcast.net

to the town gossip."

-- Will Rogers

• 11. Re: Edge animations not working on godaddy
                              DrMontague Level 2

I experienced the same problem with Godaddy and it was the naming. I had a

space in a folder/directory and it would absolutely not work even when I

uploaded the whole thing via third party ftp.

Dave Montague

Mobile: 801-615-0621

Office: 801-477-0045

Blue Sage Digital

davem@bluesagedigital.com

www.bluesagedigital.com

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is

confidential and is intended only for the addressee. Any unauthorized use

or disclosure is strictly prohibited. Disclosure of this e-mail to anyone

other than the intended addressee does not constitute waiver of privilege.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify us

immediately and delete this. Thank you for your cooperation. This message

has not been encrypted.

• 12. Re: Edge animations not working on godaddy
                                Vicki DR Level 1

Yes, this is something that I NEVER could have figured out on my own.  I had an uppercase “i” in my images folder and it wouldn’t recognize the images.  Thanks for your reply, glad I was not alone.  I guess a mistake we will both not make again.

Vicki De Roeck

vderoeck@comcast.net

to the town gossip."

-- Will Rogers

• 13. Re: Edge animations not working on godaddy
                                  terryh91350549 Level 1

I'm having the same problem!

• 14. Re: Edge animations not working on godaddy
                                    terryh91350549 Level 1

Hi!

FOR DREAMWEAVER CC 2015

!) Create your first animation on your desktop site in Edge Animate.

2) Save the file to the name you like.

3) Click on Publish Settings and deselect the Web , and Select The Animate Deployment Package.

4) Publish Settings.

5) In Dreamweaver - Go To Insert - Edge Animate Composition

6) Insert to your Web Page Div - Make sure you have Css to center it etc.

7) Dreamweaver will then create an edgeanimate_assets folder outside of the website folder in dreamweaver.

8) Drag the necessary index pages, etc, edge animate folder and the edgeanimate_assets to the server.

9) VERY IMPORTANT----When making another edge animate file-- delete the edgeanimate_assets folder on your website desktop.

10) Publish the next animation as the first - DO THE SAME EXACT STEPS FOR PUBLISHING THE FIRST EDGE ANIMATION.

11) now DRAG THE FOLDER INSIDE THE NEW edgeanimate_assets FOLDER TO THE edgeanimate_assets FOLDER ON THE SERVER!

DONE DONE DONEDONE DONE DONEDONE DONE DONEDONE DONE DONEDONE DONE DONEDONE DONE DONEDONE DONE DONEDONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!

ITS ABOUT THE PATHING AND YOU CAN ONLY HAVE  ONE edgeanimate_assets FOLDER ON THE SERVER,  BUT MULTIPLE FOLDERS WITHIN IT!