3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2014 4:37 PM by Wermount2323

Missing files

Wermount2323 Level 1

Why sometimes AE tells me that I have "number here" missing files needed to render video?

Everything is ok. But I got this message and after render a few time in my video is missing. But in sequence is everything okey.

I see "colored" missing footage in project windows but like I sad, although I see this message, everything is good in my whole Preview sequence. I see no missing files while watching.

• 1. Re: Missing files
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

WIthout exact system info, details about your project, comp settings, render settings, storage locations, cache setzings, MP render settings and so on nobody can tell, you anything.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Missing files
            DA post prod Level 2

Did you try to relink the missing footage? If it is a footage you don't use (at the top of the project windows you can tell if it is used in a comp or not), you can delete it so the error message won't happen again.

Might also be an external hard drive with a lousy connection, so it disconnects from time to time.

• 3. Re: Missing files
              Wermount2323 Level 1

Yes, when I do relink everythink is OK. But I am wonder why I got that message and why I had to do all the things.

Especially when I see every footage when I watch all my animation from beginning to the end.