3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2014 8:28 PM by Markypin

    Tutorial and /or name of techinque


      Can someone please help me, i'm looking for a tutorial on how to make a couple of strokes/ lines or whatever the proper name ( maybe that's why i cant find anythin ) for it is go across the screen and stuff.

      if you have  a hard time figuring out what it is, here is the video so you can have an idea.


      Beatles RockBand | Chapter 1 | MK 12 - YouTube


      the very beginning with the strokes/ lines and stars.


      thank you, i really appreciate your time.

        • 1. Re: Tutorial and /or name of techinque
          ImageDesign704 Level 1

          I assume they used Illustrator files for that video, but you can do it from within AE. I think the easiest way would be to use shape layers. AE will create various standard shapes - rectangles, circles, stars, etc. - or you can hand draw shapes with the pen tool.

          • 2. Re: Tutorial and /or name of techinque
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

            For most projects like this you would want to create a long thin comp and add a layer for each stroke. Then you animate the position of the layers, nest the lines pre-comp in your main comp and then bend, warp, or wrap your nested comp using distortion tools, perspective tools, or by masking and rotating 3D layers. Here's what that would look like. The screenshot is from a tutorial I'm working on and it should give you an idea of how to achieve this effect.

            Screen Shot 2014-09-03 at 8.51.18 AM.png

            You can use any kind of distortion you want to bend your animated lines pre-comp. The Beatles Clip you referred to could easily have been done using this technique and 3D layers.

            • 3. Re: Tutorial and /or name of techinque
              Markypin Level 1

              I'm looking forward to this tutorial, many thanks !!! really thank you