1 Reply Latest reply on May 9, 2007 8:43 AM by kokochka

Data Provider DataGrid and CheckBox Q

nudnic
      I have created an application that uses the DataGrid. I have set the data provider to an array of objects. One of the properties in these objects is a boolean value.

I have set the DataGrid to editable and it works well. editing a field changes the appropriate property of the an object in the dataprovider array.

I have used RenderCell to get the check box to show up in a column. But I am unclear on how to get the CheckBox to update a value in the DataProvider array. Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Data Provider DataGrid and CheckBox Q
          kokochka Level 1
          hi,

I use CheckBoxCell.as to integrate checkbox mapped with DataSet imported from a XML schema.
          The tricky thing is the function Dataprovider.editField didn't work BECAUSE the parameter for "selected" was a boolean. Since DataSet binding was set to convert true/false String to Boolean (when converted from XML), I had to convert the boolean to a string fir editField class. And it works fine now!!

Hope this helps even a bit because I have spent a lot of time to find this out.