6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2014 3:22 AM by Peter Spier

Cannot launch Adobe Indesign 6.0.6.622.  Error Code 150.30

DFSons Level 1

Cannot launch Adobe Indesign 6.0.6.622.  Error Code 150.30.  Am running Mac OS 10.7.5 on a Mac Pro.

• 2. Re: Cannot launch Adobe Indesign 6.0.6.622.  Error Code 150.30
          DFSons Level 1

Thanks for the information Peter.  I went down the list of possible solutions for solving this issue that you provided, but was not able to get InDesign CS4 to launch.  I will try to explain:

Solution One: "Delete FlexNet Publisher Preference Folder".  I did not find the mentioned folder in my preference folder.

Solution Two: "Run the License Repair Tool".  After downloading and attempting to launch, the License Repair Tool Program stated that PowerPC was not longer supported.  I am currently running a Mac Pro 1.1 with OS 10.7.5, definitely beyond a Power PC.

Solution Three:  "Repair Disk Permissions".  I ran the Disk Utility "Repair Disk Permissions" program.  InDesign would still not launch.

Solution Four:  "Reset permissions on the FlexNet Publisher License Service Folder".  As stated before, I cannot locate a "FlexNet" file on my hard drive.

Solution Five:  "Reset Permissions on the Adobe PCD Folder".  I could not locate an Adobe PCD Folder on my hard drive.

The last step suggested, if all of the above failed to solve the issue, was to contact Adobe Support.  Any ideas on how to do that?  They certainly do not make it very easy!  I checked my Adobe list of registered products and InDesign CS4 is listed, along with the serial number for the product. 

I really appreciate the assistance.  Any other ideas? 

• 3. Re: Cannot launch Adobe Indesign 6.0.6.622.  Error Code 150.30
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Are you sure you looked in the correct location for the Flexnet folder? It wouldn't be the first time there was an error in a help file, so I'd try doing a search, too.

Are you sure your drive is not formatted Case Sensitive?

Did it ever run?

Adobe no longer provides any support for CS4 other than referring you here, and we do the best we can.

• 4. Re: Cannot launch Adobe Indesign 6.0.6.622.  Error Code 150.30
              DFSons Level 1

Peter,

Thanks again for your continued assistance.  I am pretty sure I looked in the correct location for the FlexNet Folder.  I looked in the Library Folder that only becomes visible by holding down the Option Key while applying the mouse to the Go Menu.  There was no FlexNet Folder.  I also did a general search with the magnifying glass in the top right of my screen.  No FlexNet appeared.

Please explain what you mean by, "Are you sure your drive is not formatted Case Sensitive?"

No, I have not yet been able to get InDesign CS4 to launch successfully. 

I am beginning to think that perhaps I lost some important InDesign launching file when I transferred my files over to a new primary hard drive about six months ago, using Time Machine.  This is the first time I have tried to start up InDesign since then.  

I just tried an NVRAM reset (Command+Option+P+R), but to no avail.

Keep those suggestions coming.  Thanks.

• 5. Re: Cannot launch Adobe Indesign 6.0.6.622.  Error Code 150.30
                DFSons Level 1

Peter,

I was able to locate my original InDesign CS4 Install disc, uninstalled the old program and then reinstalled it, using the newly located disc.  Hallelujah, thank you Jesus, the program launched and I am in business.  Thanks for all of your assistance.  It was really appreciated.  Keep up the good work.

Dennis

• 6. Re: Cannot launch Adobe Indesign 6.0.6.622.  Error Code 150.30
                  Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Glad to see a reinstall fixed things. A time machine restore ought to have worked, but perhaps you left something off the list.

In any case my understanding (I'm a Windows user) is that holding down the Opt key gets you the user library, which the help file clearly states is not correct. You want to look in Hard Drive/Library, a location that is accessible with no special effort. As to case-sensitive, apparently it is possible to format a drive on Mac OS X such that filenames are case sensitive, so changing the capitalization would make the system think you are looking for a different file.