7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2014 1:22 PM by A.T. Romano

can I grave my film with windows-dvd-maker in windows 7 ?

alinea55

I have made a project on premiere elements and I would like to grave it on a dvd that can be read on my dvd player.

I know I need a DVD Burner. On my PC (a Dell Vostro) I only have windows-dvd-maker (windows 7).

Is it possible

Many thanks. I've read what I could find but could fall on that information

• 1. Re: can I grave my film with windows-dvd-maker in windows 7 ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

alinea55

What is "grave"?

What version of Premiere Elements do you have on your Windows 7 64 bit computer?

I will give you a general answer for now.

If you have created a project in Premiere Elements, you can take the Timeline content and burn it to DVD-VIDEO (standard or widescreen) on a DVD disc using Premiere Elements, you do not need Windows DVD Maker. That DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc produced by Premiere Elements should be able to be played back on your DVD player.

If you have Premiere Elements 11 or 12, look at Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc.

If you have a version of Premiere Elements earlier than 11, look at Share/Disc/DVD disc

With more detail we will be able to help you better.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: can I grave my film with windows-dvd-maker in windows 7 ?
            alinea55 Level 1

Grave is burn please forgive my english, I am french..

I will have a look but I think I have Premiere elements 12 and I created a project.

I will confirm that during the week end

Thank you.

Aline

• 3. Re: can I grave my film with windows-dvd-maker in windows 7 ?
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 has links that go along with what ATR said about sharing to a DVD

• 4. Re: can I grave my film with windows-dvd-maker in windows 7 ?
                alinea55 Level 1

Thank you but I am sorry to say that it does not answer to my question: in all tutorials it is said that you need ti check if you have a burner AND if it is compatible. I juste want to know if it is possible, before tryng, if windos dvd maker is compatible wtih adode premiere elements projects

• 5. Re: can I grave my film with windows-dvd-maker in windows 7 ?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

alinea55

Thank you for the follow up.

Quick Answer

You can use a wmv export from Premiere Elements in the Windows DVD Maker, but you cannot take Premiere Elements 12 project file (.prel) and use that in Windows DVD Maker.

Detailed Answer

If you have a Premiere Elements 12 project, you have a project file (referred to as project.prel) with your imported video on its Timeline. You cannot take that project.prel into the Windows DVD Maker to create a DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc if you give the DVD maker a Premiere Elements project.prel file.

If you do not want to use Premiere Elements 12 Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc to take your Premiere Elements 12 Timeline content to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc and want to use Windows DVD Maker for that purpose for some reason, then export your Premiere Elements 12 Timeline content to a .wmv file

Publish+Share

Computer

Windows Media with the correct project preset

and then import that wmv file into the Windows DVD Maker for the burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc. I am not seeing why you would want to do that, but....

Also, depending on the circumstances, you can use Premiere Elements Timeline content and do that burn to folder (bypasses the burning) to give your the DVD-VIDEO files in the VIDEO_TS Folder of the saved folder. You can then use the free ImgBurn program to take the VIDEO_TS Folder to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

Are you have a problem with Premiere Elements 12 and Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc and/or folder?

a. In the location field, no burner is listed

b. in the status field, it is telling you Media Not Present

c. other

Please review and consider. Please do not hesitate to say if I have misinterpreted what you seek. I will supply any settings details that are needed once we are clear what you seek.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: can I grave my film with windows-dvd-maker in windows 7 ?
                    alinea55 Level 1

Thank you for your answer.

In fact I did not start to make Publish+share/disc etc because I read that in order to make a dvd with my project I needed to be sure there was a burner in my computer (or had an external one).

What you are saying:

If you do not want to use Premiere Elements 12 Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc to take your Premiere Elements 12 Timeline content to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc and want to use Windows DVD Maker for that purpose for some reason, then export your Premiere Elements 12 Timeline content to a .wmv file

Publish+Share

Computer

Windows Media with the correct project preset

and then import that wmv file into the Windows DVD Maker for the burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc. I am not seeing why you would want to do that, but....

seems to mean that I could just make Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc to take my Premiere Elements 12 Timeline content to DVD-VIDEO ? Is that correct ? If I don't need to use something else it is perfect for me...

I will try very soon for I am finalising the project and then I come back to you, but correct me if I am wrong...

It would be easier for me in french ...

Aline

• 7. Re: can I grave my film with windows-dvd-maker in windows 7 ?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

alinea55

Thank you for the reply.

As long as your Premiere Elements burn dialog shows the name of your DVD burner and the Status = Ready when you insert your DVD disc in the burner tray, Premiere Elements will take your Timeline content and burn it to the DVD disc as DVD-VIDEO. Then you have your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc for play back with your computer and/or TV DVDplayer. Do you not need anything else.

But, if there are problems doing that, then we need to talk further.

So...

1. Import

2. Edit

3. Add Disc Menu (if you want) - Preview to make sure all the menu buttons are working

4. Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc

a. Burn dialog - Burner Location shows the name of your burner and Status show Ready with DVD disc in burner tray

b. Select preset NTSC or PAL for standard or widescreen

c. Hit burn

There is a lot more we could discuss - like project presets, source media, editing, menus....but the above seems to cover what was your main concern, burning the disc to the DVD-VIDEO format all within Premiere Elements.

Please review. If you need clarification or more information on this, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR