• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I convert an existing project to a Merged Project?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH8.  I need to update an existing WebHelp Project and was wondering if I could convert it to a Merged Web Help Project.  I want to avoid starting from scratch.  I am hoping that it can be done because two people will be working on updating the project simultaneously and I want to avoid using Source Control if possible.  Does anyone have feedback or suggestions on tackling this?  Thank you in advance for your input and help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably – have you read Peter Grainge’s info on merged projects on his site? (grainge.org) You could each take a copy of the starting project and toss out whatever doesn’t belong to get the ball rolling and then designate someone to be the creator of the parent project that will tuck in the child projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a link to how I did that many moons ago.

Key thing is to backup at every stage, and some more.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp