• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repairing damaged adobe photoshop .psd files?

Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my project folders got deleted in a freak accident. I won't go into it, but I recovered one of the .psd files using a commercial undelete program (Fast File Undelete from DTI Data). It didn't work (go figure) and whenever I try to open the .psd file photoshop (7.0) shows a message box that says, "There was a problem reading the layer data. Read the composite data instead?" When I click the Read Composite Data button another box shows that reads, "Could not open '[file name]' because the file is not compatible with this version of photoshop."

It seems kind of like it is very close to working, because there is even a thumbnail. I also recovered a handful of .jpg's and .tga's, which are also broke. Does anyone know of a utility that could attempt to repair a .psd, .tga or .jpg?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't have any recommendations for you, but I'm in a similar boat, so I'm hoping someone jumps in.  As far as the jpgs, I've had a little bit of luck with Bridge opening jpgs that other viewers wouldn't.  I looked into programs to repair raw, extract the jpg from raw, and repair jpgs...   and so far all I find is a bunch of low budget software with few reviews and relatively high costs given how cheap the software looks.  I've had trouble finding a reliable review, but haven't had a lot of time to look into it.  I'll look around this weekend and let you know if I find anything useful.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case i dont find any bytes before 8BPS group please help me how to find ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are various common reasons which cause corruption in PSD files and once it gets corrupted you will not able to view the content image. The best way to fix corrupted or damaged files in few simple and safe clicks is to use a repair tool. This plays very significant and vibrant role for repairing corrupted Files of different Adobe Photoshop versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to add SysInfoTools Photoshop recovery tool to repair your corrupt PSD, PSB and PDD files effortlessly. This software smartly recover all the images along with its constitute layers. It is recently launched and available with free version to try and test before purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can employ a PSD file repair software to successfully repair PSD, PDD, and other similar file formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines