• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 11: Conditional Build tags applied: Content still showing up in search

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am generating WebHelp using conditional build tags using RH 11.

I have marked books in the TOC with a CBT of Not in 6.1.

I generated help and excluded content marked with the CBT Not in 6.1.

When the Web Help is generated, the books marked with the CBT  do not display in the TOC. However, if I do a search, topics that are under the books and therefore should not be included in the output have search results returned.

Is there a scenario in which topics that have been excluded from the generated help would still show up in search?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jenny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenny

Indeed there are a few reasons this may happen.

First, simply excluding a topic or a book in the TOC simply makes sure that the TOC doesn't have a link pointing to the topic. Normally, I'll just tag the topic itself and ignore tagging the TOC. If a topic has been excluded, it won't appear in the TOC.

In the WebHelp SSL recipe, click to expand the Content Categories section and look at the settings on the right. You might try ensuring the following option is enabled. It's named Exclude Unreferenced Topics from Output. As long as nothing else is linking to the topic, ensuring it is removed from the TOC *SHOULD* cause it to no longer be included.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick! I will try this. With my deadline a week away, this was not a good time to stumble upon this problem, but at least I didn't find it after the product was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

well, unfortunately, I tried both options you suggested and neither worked - the content still shows up in search.

I selected the Exclude Unreferenced Topics from Output check box in the Content categories section when generating. I applied the build tag directly to the topic.

I welcome any other suggestions.

Thanks.

Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear that

Are you able to perhaps record a video showing the steps you are taking so that we can "look over your shoulder"?

There are free services such as ScreenCastOMatic or ScreenR that allow this to happen.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp