4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2014 4:21 AM by KareszBkk

action stop after 30 min run

KareszBkk Level 1

I run a simple shadow action, but after it is running for 30 min the Photoshop just crashed and there is nothing in the log file. The action in this period adjust 2298 items. Is the any limitation or what can cause this crash?

From the windows I get this log:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Photoshop.exe

Application Version:    15.0.0.58

Application Timestamp:    536b438e

Fault Module Name:    Photoshop.exe

Fault Module Version:    15.0.0.58

Fault Module Timestamp:    536b438e

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    00000000016c5f55

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:    1038

Additional Information 1:    7968

Additional Information 2:    79680a764f3c0cc390ff0ee35580c182

Additional Information 3:    241e

Additional Information 4:    241e62dc4664a7b2d598aeb643d7ae3d

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• 1. Re: action stop after 30 min run
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Looks like cc 2014  Photoshop.exe crashed.  However you state its a simple action that it was running over 30 minuets.  You did not post the action of state wither you were batching the action. However you stated  that 2298 items were updated.  I do not know what you classify an item to be. If by item you mean image file and your batching the action. If the Action adds documents to Photoshop open documents and does not close then before ending the number of document open increases with each image file processed. After processing 2298 files the could be a countless number of open documents consuming RAM and scratch space your machine may have simply ran out of resources and Photoshop crashed which freed up the consumed resources.

• 2. Re: action stop after 30 min run
            KareszBkk Level 1

The action is just a simple image adjustment:

1. step opne image (pgm format)

2. Shadow/Highlight adjustment based on a saved parameter.

3. Save image

4. Close image.

As I can see in the task management window there is no RAM overflow, the Photoshop use 400000-404000 K RAM while the process.

• 3. Re: action stop after 30 min run
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I don't understand your action.  Normally if you was to do a shadow and highlight adjustment all you need is a single step action your step 2.  Then you batch the action using menu File>Automate Batch or menu File>Scripts>Image Processor...

How does your Action know what image to open in step 1? What does the action open?

• 4. Re: action stop after 30 min run
                KareszBkk Level 1

yes, you are right, I have created an action and use it with the File>Automate Batch. Sorry if I was equivocal.