4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2014 12:38 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements 12 was working now hangs on start up.

DavidMcMullan Level 1

Hi,

I have Premier Elements 12 installed on my work Laptop. It had been working fine for at least a Month then about 2 weeks ago it started to hang on the loading screen and then produce an error.

I have looked through the forums and done the following and this has had no effect

• Removed the software preferences
      • uninstall and re-installed
      • rolled back windows update
      • update adobe software
      • turned firewall and antivirus off
      • run as Administrator.

Laptop details are

• Laptop make = Lenovo B5400
      • Running Win7 professional service pack 1
      • Intel i5-4200m @ 2.50Ghz
      • 4GB of Ram
      • 64 bit
      • defrag and cleaned the HD

Event viewer error report

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 12.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x530bd24a

Faulting module name: dvamarshal.dll, version: 11.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x523cc62d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000034961

Faulting process id: 0x1534

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfc81a99e0cb66

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\dvamarshal.dll

Report Id: 0224def6-340e-11e4-a497-28e3470bc92b

Please can you give me some other pointer or things to try.

Many thx David

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 12 was working now hangs on start up.
          DavidMcMullan Level 1

I have been trying for the last 2 weeks to get Adobe Elements 12 to work and still no luck.

Has anyone had similar problems were the software worked for a number of weeks and then stopped working?

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 12 was working now hangs on start up.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

David

I have seen several threads where the faulting module name was this dvamarshal.dll. None with a solution in spite of a lot of

troubleshooting.

But, I would add the following to your already completed troubleshooting

a. Have you ruled out any video card/graphics card involvement in the issue....how many cards does your computer use, 1 or 2, and is the

driver version up to date according to the manufacturer of the card? This was supposed to have been offered to a Premiere Elements user by

Adobe Chat related to the dvamarshal.dll issue.

b. Have you tried to create a new User Account with Administrative Privileges and install and run Premiere Elements from there?

Did you install any new program that might have overwritten the Premiere Elements dvamarshal.dll file? Do you have Lightroom installed on

the same computer with Premiere Elements?

ATR

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 12 was working now hangs on start up.
              DavidMcMullan Level 1

a. Have you ruled out any video card/graphics card involvement in the issue....how many cards does your computer use, 1 or 2, and is the

driver version up to date according to the manufacturer of the card? This was supposed to have been offered to a Premiere Elements user by

Adobe Chat related to the dvamarshal.dll issue.

• I have removed the drivers tried it in VGA and still hangs, re-installed the drivers and still no joy, only one video card, its a laptop that I am using.

b. Have you tried to create a new User Account with Administrative Privileges and install and run Premiere Elements from there?

• Not tried this, as its a work laptop and there is an admin Account on their... but I doudt it i this as the software was working for at least 2 months

Did you install any new program that might have overwritten the Premiere Elements dvamarshal.dll file? Do you have Lightroom installed on

the same computer with Premiere Elements?

• Some was installed but I have removed them all and still no joy

I have seen the dvamarshal.dll issue but I fear its a very complicated fix for it hence no answers on the site... STUMPED ADOBE HELP!!

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 12 was working now hangs on start up.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Thanks for the reply.

The chances of Adobe Engineers seeing your thread here are slim to none. You need to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat while Premiere Elements 12 is still the current version. Consider clicking on the following link

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID, Signing In

Adobe ID, signing in, account help

Chat Panel

I have set the link for the above titles. If the link does not hold its set, you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

The above titles are not ideal, but the path has an active Chat Panel at its end unlike other choices. It is hoped that the Adobe Chat representative who you

reach will answer your question or direct you to Adobe Tech people who can.

Have you contacted your IT people at work to discuss the possibility of company security issues being involved your in issue?

We will continue to watch for further developments when your time permits.

Thank you.

ATR