7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2014 9:23 PM by station_two

slightly off center

333gardenimages

Epson has referred me to Adobe… My Epson ProStylus 7890 prints slightly off center when set to center from the Photoshop CS6 print dialog box. How can I fix this in Photoshop?

• 1. Re: slightly off center
          Level 5

333gardenimages wrote:

Epson has referred me to Adobe…

That's just like Epson.  Printing is entirely handled by the Epson printer driver.

• 2. Re: slightly off center
            333gardenimages Level 1

It worked fine in Preview (application) so the Epson tech said that it must be an Adobe problem. Hmmm… Now where can I go?

• 3. Re: slightly off center
              Level 5

That would mean at best that the Epson printer driver plays nice with Apple's Preview but not with your version of Photoshop.

Maybe if you gave us sensible details about your setup and a more exact description of what you mean by off-center (vertically?  horizontally?  by how much?  what size prints, etc.)…

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand, such as your platform (Mac or Win), exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop and of Bridge, machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, video card specs, what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far, what error message(s) you receive, if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them, etc., someone may be able to help you.

A screen shot could be very helpful too.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 4. Re: slightly off center
                333gardenimages Level 1

Platform: Mac OS 10.7.5

Photoshop Cs6

Screen Shot 2014-09-04 at 4.16.43 PM.png

I haven't messed with anything in Photoshop, except setting the margins to compensate for the skew from center of  .2 centimeters, the right side of the vertically oriented page being larger than the left. This is for every size page. I can't move a paper roll, however and I need to center images which are 22" wide on a 24" paper roll.

No error messages.

I am printing images made using an Epson Expression Series 11000XL Graphic Arts flatbed scanner (instead of a camera - built on the scanner with objects, scanned using Silverfast 8, retouched in Photoshop CS6) I have bee working this way for many years but I used to be able to center the paper on my printer.

• 5. Re: slightly off center
                  Level 5

Exact version of Photoshop, please.

You should be on on Photoshop CS6 vers. 13.0.6.  If you are not updated, that could be the cause.

What's your version of the Epson printer driver?  Are you sure you are using the Epson driver and not the CUPS driver?

• 6. Re: slightly off center
                    333gardenimages Level 1

Thank you so much! I had Cs6 10.0 so I downloaded and installed the 10.6 update and it worked!

• 7. Re: slightly off center
                      Level 5

333gardenimages wrote:

Thank you so much! I had Cs6 10.0 so I downloaded and installed the 10.6 update and it worked!

Hmmm…  I can only surmise what type of gardens your images depict, and they're not the kind that are legal in all 50 states.     You probably mean CS6 13.0 and the 13.0.6 update respectively.

Glad you're up and running, anyway.