1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 5, 2014 1:59 PM by IsakTen

Security with fill-in forms

art gomez

Is it possible to create a fill-in document that cannot be edited or altered after it has been completly filled? I need to create a fill-in document that could not be altered for security reasons. I remember in the past, I´ve received documents that could be filled and printed, but could not be saved. I understand that is not poossible anymore, but I might be wrong. This would be the perfect answer for my needs. Anyone could help?

• 1. Re: Security with fill-in forms
          IsakTen Level 4

Yes. You can associate a JavaScript with the last field which would lock all fields after this field is filled. You can also create a JavaScript that checks whether all fields are filled and if they are, lock all fields. The associate this JavaScript with each field. This way the order in which fields are filled does not matter. If you want the fields to be filled in a particular order you can initially lock all fields, and then on each field have a JavaScript that unlocks the next field when this field is filled. You need to know how to write JavaScripts. For Acrobat-specific APIs see http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/js_api_reference.pdf.