1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 5, 2014 1:10 PM by Ned Murphy

How to re-register Elements

beautiful artist

I previously downloaded Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 and registered it and have the serial number but no disk.  Elements has been deleted and so I was told to download the trial version and then to “launch the application go to editor, click on help menu > Click on license the product or sign in, enter the serial number.”  I have logged in but am unable to find a place to enter the serial number.  Elements appears to be working fine.  Is the registration taken care of, or will the program disappear after 30 days?  I am no longer getting a warning sign saying that I have so many days left.  Thanks so much.

• 1. Re: How to re-register Elements
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You only need to register a program once (normally, even in the situation you describe).  Registration has nothing to do with activation, except that when you register the product the serial number you use to activate the software gets recorded in your Adobe account, making it retrievable by you should you need it in the future.

It sounds like your program is already activated, as though it somehow retained the activation data somewhere and you just needed the reinstall.  If it does quit after 30 days you should only need to use the serial number to activate it following the procedure you outlined.