6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2014 9:07 PM by Noel Carboni

Blurry Photoshop?

SarahS18

Everything in my photoshop program is blurry and the pixels are large, including the photos I open and the tabs. Why is it doing this and how do I fix it?

• 1. Re: Blurry Photoshop?
          Level 5

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand, such as your platform (Mac or Win), exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS5" but something like CS5 vers. 12.0.x) and of Bridge, machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, video card specs, what your monitor resolution is set at, what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far, what error message(s) you receive, if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them, etc., someone may be able to help you.

A screen shot could be very helpful too.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Blurry Photoshop?
            Farrellart Level 3

+1

A snapshot of your situation will speak volumes. Like station_two I suspect the monitor/screen resolution is the culprit ...make sure it is set to the screen native resolution.

[EDIT] When you say everything do you mean icons, interface, layers, tools as well as the image you are working on?

• 3. Re: Blurry Photoshop?
              SarahS18 Level 1

I have a Macbook Pro with retina display and with the highest RAM. It is Photoshop CS5 12.0.x. and my display resolution is checked as “best for display” on the system preferences. The program runs as usual except for the blurriness, and when I tried to update photoshop it said it failed and I should try again later.

It's minimal and slightly hard to see from the screenshots, but I figured it was an issue worth addressing.

Screen Shot 2014-09-04 at 7.32.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-09-04 at 7.35.34 PM.png

• 4. Re: Blurry Photoshop?
                Level 5

The information you provide is utterly meaningless, It does not help.

It is Photoshop CS5 12.0.x.

That tells us nothing!  what does the 'x' stand for?

and my display resolution is checked as “best for display” on the system preferences.

That is also useless.

The un-sharpness you see in the user interface text is entirely attributable to your monitor's display resolution.

We cannot help you with the useless information you have provided so far.

Good luck to you.

• 5. Re: Blurry Photoshop?
                  SarahS18 Level 1

"If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand, such as your platform (Mac or Win), exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS5" but something like CS5 vers. 12.0.x) and of Bridge, machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, video card specs, what your monitor resolution is set at, what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far, what error message(s) you receive if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them, etc., someone may be able to help you."

I answered almost all of the questions you asked for. I'm new to this and was just trying to get help. But I appreciate the snide remarks.

Have a good day.

• 6. Re: Re: Blurry Photoshop?
                    Noel Carboni Level 8

Photoshop CS5 is software that is a good bit older than your Retina display.  It could display its user interface with very tiny icons and text - or as you see it where your operating system, in an attempt to make an old program useful, is doubling the pixels. 

In other words, that's as good as Photoshop CS5 is going to get on your modern Retina display.

If you'd like modern software to go with that display, you will want to consider a Creative Cloud subscription.

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

-Noel