2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2014 9:15 PM by JFPhoton

Please critique my new build

rotgg

Please critique my new build

Hard for me to choose between the i7-5930 build vs i7-4930 I also was thinking of using this video card Asus STRIX-GTX780-OC-6GD5 instead of the one listed

Intel Core i7-5930K, Asus GeForce GTX 770, Cooler Master HAF 932 - System Build - PCPartPicker

• 1. Re: Please critique my new build
          JEShort01 Level 4

Nice build list!

At this price point, I would personally want to:

a) break the bank even more and get the 5960x 8-core (Eric Bowen's initial testing at ADK are proving this CPU is a computational monster and it clocks to 4.4GHz or better for most users), or

b) save a ton of money on RAM and scale back to the 4930k option

Another thing to consider is your media and workflow. What media, how many layers, any 3rd party add-ins, etc. If RED 4k or bigger is ever in your plans, get the 8-core. If you are max'ing out at AX100 or G4 4k, DSLR footage, AVCHD, GoPro, etc., the 6-core will probably serve you pretty well for a long time. Note not all 4K is the same! RED (.rd3) files are packed with information. The lighter weight 4k media is MUCH less taxing on your PC.

Regards,

Jim

• 2. Re: Please critique my new build
            JFPhoton Level 3

.....if you stick your head out of your bedroom window late at night....you will hear Paul Revere yelling : "4K is coming...4K is coming !!! "  Then, after reading Eric's posting of all the Haswell E test results....as General Patton said : "...YOU'LL KNOW WHAT TO DO !!"