4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2014 10:38 AM by triplesrock

Validating the MPEG2 codec

jpalomares

Ok, so here is my issue, the computer that I am using is a government computer that is not connected to our network because when we connect, the adobe premiere elements software crashes and does NOT work. Which I find this to be ridiculous; however, the work around this problem (Yes, Adobe has not been very helpful with this issue from day 1), but "water under the bridge"...the issue here is this:

Every time I am working on video program, and I am saving the program to .FLV, or MP4 or just about any format, the program wants me to VALIDATE the MPEG2 codec...

Is there a way to validate and keep it validated? When I connect the Internet, the program validates, however, in order for Adobe Premiere to work, I have to (before clicking on anything) disconnect right-away - otherwise, the program crashes.

Any thoughts, ideas?

Thank you all.

Jp.

• 1. Re: Validating the MPEG2 codec
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jpalomares

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Answer to your question (in my opinion)

There is no way that I have ever heard of to activate permanently all these project features that require first time activation. After the feature first time activation automatically via the Internet, rarely, if ever, I have found that these features on an installed activated program require activation again on the computer to which it was installed and activated (program wise and feature wise).

Comments

We have had recent reports from users of earlier versions that they have received MPEG2 Activation messages to which Adobe follow up is that it no longer supports MPEG2 Activation for version 8 and earlier.

As for the matter of even short duration Internet connection compromising your Premiere Elements stability, I would suggest that you need to look beyond the Internet for answers from that. Have you troubleshooted the issue and gone through the usual drill....

a. Latest version of QuickTime installed on the same computer as Premiere Elements?

b. Running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and also with Run As Administrator applied?

c. Assuring that your computer's video card/graphics card driver version is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

d. Identifying security restrictions imposed on you with the use of what you refer to as "government computer"?

Adobe should be your main resource here. In what way is it not helpful?

a. insisting you need an Internet connection and offering no alternative?

b. not being able to identify what is causing the program crashes that present with an Internet connection?

c. other?

ATR

• 2. Re: Validating the MPEG2 codec
            triplesrock

Why would some one have to run premiere elements with administrator privileges, regardless of any computer it running on?

• 3. Re: Validating the MPEG2 codec
              A.T. Romano Level 7

triplesrock

Classically it has been found that the Premiere Elements needs administrative privileges in order to install and run regardless of any computer it is running on?

In addition, QuickTime is a Premiere Elements requirement for Premiere Elements. From what I have read, QuickTime also requires installing and running with administrative privileges.

There are numerous online articles on running programs on Windows with and without administrative privileges.

Why Premiere Elements and other programs require this can be found in numerous online discussions on administrative privileges and related matters.

I would refer you to them and Adobe for the whys.

What version of Premiere Elements do you have, what computer operating system? Do you have a User Account and/or Premiere Elements issue?

ATR

• 4. Re: Validating the MPEG2 codec
                triplesrock Level 1

A.T. Romano

"A)  There is no way that I have ever heard of to activate permanently all these project features that require first time activation."

"B)  After the feature first time activation automatically via the Internet, rarely, if ever, I have found that these features on an installed activated program require activation again on the computer to which it was installed and activated (program wise and feature wise).  "

Which of these statements are true?

Because  I have a Licensed activated project I would activate the features on and not have to worry about it again.