3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 4:55 AM by Keith_Reeder

tethered shooting incompatibility

hnkyas

Is there a plug-in for tethered shooting in Adobe Lightroom 5 with a Nikon D2x?

• 1. Re: tethered shooting incompatibility
          mvddm

I would also love to know this. I need it for a spare Canon EOS 1D Mark II n. 

If there is not, it is a shame. I went as far as downloading the compatible versions, Lightroom 4.1 and 3.3 and nothing would sync (I suspect those didn't work because I am running a Mac with Yosemite?) How can you leave a huge group of consumers out of the newest version of your software.

• 2. Re: tethered shooting incompatibility
            NicHamilton Level 3

Since LR 4.1 is listed as supporting the 1D mk2 it may indeed well be Yosemite that is the issue (or part of it). 

As to why current versions of LR don't support a nine year old camera model it's very possibly down to changes in Canon's SDK rather than LR.  I know I have to keep older versions of Canon's  DPP for my older Canons (some of which mean I also have to keep an old Windows XP laptop as it won't run on Windows 7).

• 3. Re: tethered shooting incompatibility
              Keith_Reeder Level 4

NicHamilton wrote:

Since LR 4.1 is listed as supporting the 1D mk2 it may indeed well be Yosemite that is the issue (or part of it).

As to why current versions of LR don't support a nine year old camera model it's very possibly down to changes in Canon's SDK rather than Lr

This.

Canon (and maybe Nikon too?) eventually abandons old camera support in the SDK.

Tha said - see this page about the 1D Mk II:

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/tethered-camera-support-lightroom-4.html

"Supported only through Lightroom 4.1."

So Lr 3.3 and 4.1 should work, suggesting that the problem isn't with Lr.