2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2014 6:26 PM by Dodobyrne

Back up woes

Dodobyrne

I tried backing up my lightroom projects onto a portable hard drive. I dragged and dropped my Lightroom folder to do this, now when I go into develop mode it tells me "the file named .... is offline or missing". Is there anyway to get these back, and how should I back up in future. Thanks in advance for any help, Dónal.

• 1. Re: Back up woes
          areohbee Level 5

dodobyrne wrote:

now when I go into develop mode it tells me "the file named .... is offline or missing".

You must have moved some image files. If possible, move them back (maybe move everything back and start over).

dodobyrne wrote:

how should I back up in future.

There are a lot of threads and other helpful info about this already, but I recommend using Lightroom's catalog backup weekly (more or less), so you get catalog backed up independent of other backup mechanisms: integrity-checked n' optimized..

• 2. Re: Back up woes
            Dodobyrne Level 1

Thanks for the reply Rob. So I exported the project to my desktop from my external HD, and everything was there, minus 50% or so of the previews. Phew!!! So from now on I'll do it that way when done with a catalogue.

Take care, Dónal.