3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2014 9:35 PM by alpi agarwal

cannot publish/open AICC content using Presenter 8

40FootFred

Hi,

I cannot get the index.htm file to launch any content when AICC is selected (default settings). In all attempts I get stuck on the launch screen. I have tried presentations with only one question, presentations with only one simple slide, and it is always the same result.

I have 32-bit PowerPoint 2003 and 64-bit Windows 7 (work computer on work network). I also set up a trial on another machine with 32-bit PowerPoint 2010 and 64-bit Windows 7 (home computer on home network). When I got the same results I started a trial of Presenter 10 with my 32-bit PowerPoint and my 64-bit Windows 7 machine. I got exactly the same results. Clicking on index.htm gets me stuck on the launch screen. AICC.htm just opens a browser. I can only view the content by clicking on viewer.swf.

Anything other than AICC works just fine (i.e. I click on index.htm and it launches).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: cannot publish/open AICC content using Presenter 8
          flyingj481 Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Try using the AICC.htm file instead of index.html.

I do recall that presentations set to AICC reporting wouldn't play locally, but I can't seem to find any discusssions around that. If I do I'll post a link here. Have you tried publishing the presentation to a server and seeing if it plays back correctly?

• 2. Re: cannot publish/open AICC content using Presenter 8
            40FootFred Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, Presenter 8 and 10 will not publish and play with AICC selected. I tried on different machines. I also tried sending the zip file to our LMS admin and he also got a stalled loading screen (despite trying many things).

As luck would have it, my colleague has Adobe Presenter 7 (her hardware, OS and updates are otherwise identical to mine) and it works like a charm! I can even create a presentation using a newer version and send it to her to have it published. It's kind of a pain, but at least it works.

I am still dying to know why AICC will not work with Adobe Presenter 8 and 10. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: cannot publish/open AICC content using Presenter 8
              alpi agarwal Adobe Employee

Hi,

AICC enabled content do not play locally. When placed on AICC server it should play fine.

It is supported in both Presenter 8 and  Presenter 10.

Could you please share the packaged presentation you are trying to play on AICC server .

You may mail at alpagarw@adobe.com

Thanks

Alpi Agarwal

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team