1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 5, 2014 12:02 PM by A.T. Romano

installing premiere elements mac osx 10.9.4

Stoffellen

For a while now I have been trying to install PE12 on my Mac computer with Osx 10.9.4. The installer won't even start. It will start to initialize but crashes when is reaches two-thirds of the initialization.

Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: installing premiere elements mac osx 10.9.4
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Stoffellen

While Premiere Elements 12 is still the current version, I would encourage you to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat to try to sort out the

troubleshooting details for your Premiere Elements 12 Mac installation problems. To reach the Chat Panel, please click on the following link

Contact Customer Care

The link has been set to

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID and Signing In

Adobe ID, sign in, account help

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold its set, you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

At this moment, the above path shows an active Chat Panel. The representative at that link should be able to help you or direct

you to a group that can. The above link is provided since those named "Downloading and Installing" do not have an available Chat Panel

link at this time.

The Adobe technical support group may be able to offer you the remote control of your computer for troubleshooting which we cannot as user to user.

Look into:

1. Installation with and without antivirus and firewall(s) disabled

2. Running from User Account with Administrative Privileges - check permissions and preferences

3. Latest version of QuickTime installed on computer with Premiere Elements

4. Computer resources

5. Video card/graphics card up to date according to web site of manufacturer of the card

6. Deletion of Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0/

Please review and consider and then we can consider what next.

Thank you.

ATR