While Premiere Elements 12 is still the current version, I would encourage you to contact Adobe via its Adobe Chat to try to sort out the
troubleshooting details for your Premiere Elements 12 Mac installation problems. To reach the Chat Panel, please click on the following link
The link has been set to
Adobe ID and Signing In
Adobe ID, sign in, account help
If the link does not hold its set, you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.
At this moment, the above path shows an active Chat Panel. The representative at that link should be able to help you or direct
you to a group that can. The above link is provided since those named "Downloading and Installing" do not have an available Chat Panel
link at this time.
The Adobe technical support group may be able to offer you the remote control of your computer for troubleshooting which we cannot as user to user.
1. Installation with and without antivirus and firewall(s) disabled
2. Running from User Account with Administrative Privileges - check permissions and preferences
3. Latest version of QuickTime installed on computer with Premiere Elements
4. Computer resources
5. Video card/graphics card up to date according to web site of manufacturer of the card
6. Deletion of Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0/
Please review and consider and then we can consider what next.