2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2014 6:09 AM by Grovehouse

Can I display user specific web app data based on their login to a generic secure zone

Grovehouse Level 1

I would like to get some ideas on the best approach to handle the following scenario.

We have around 100 clients subscribing to a survey service. The surveys are created and hosted on another system which are simply a link click away. That part is simple.

The business need to view responses as follows:

The client should login on the BC site, arrive at a BC landing page displaying the surveys he has commissioned, click on the link (there could be one or many) and views the survey responses on the third party survey system.

This feels like we are going to finish up with a secure zone for each client or is there a way of simply presenting client specific (and secure) Web app data based on their login to a single secure zone where the web app resides.

This would mean we can set the client up in a web app very simply and make admin much easier.

• 1. Re: Can I display user specific web app data based on their login to a generic secure zone
          keihamm Level 1

Ok, first of all, each client will need to have their own "webapp ITEM". So for instance, you would have a single web app called "survey results". Each item within the web app would be a client. Such as "John Doe". I would use the wysiwyg editor to add survey results (as links to another site) in a list format or what not for each webapp item.( Web app item = client name = many links for surveys that client has filled out.). These links will have to be added manually from what I gather from your scenario. Anyways, to answer your question. Yes. You can display results based on who is logged in. When you are editing/creating a webapp item, you will notice under "more options" something labeled as "Submitted By". When you click "edit" it brings up a search box that allows you to search through your CRM database. Simply find the person/client that you want to show this particular web app item to and select their name. Then save. Now, on the actual page that the client lands on once they log in, you will need to insert the web app module labeled "list of submitted webapp items". By doing so, when John Doe logs in, he can only see what he "submitted"(remember earlier "Submitted By"). Hope this helps

• 2. Re: Can I display user specific web app data based on their login to a generic secure zone
            Grovehouse Level 1

Well, that's great. Thanks Keihamm, works like a dream. It was the 'Submitted by' I had overlooked. Once that was done it's great.