2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2014 12:21 PM by bford225

Does files stay on device if you sync from iOS

bford225 Level 1

HI just want to say wow Lightroom mobile is amazing . Q. If I upload files Jpegs from iOS device . LR mobile syncs a copy of the photo to LR cloud and then to desktop right?  So then I can delete the originals right? I'm asking Bec the files are taking to much space on my 16gb iPad and iPhone . So trying to figure out a way to clean up space

• 1. Re: Does files stay on device if you sync from iOS
          greule Adobe Employee

Right. Lr Mobile syncs a copy of the orginal jpeg. As soon the originals are available on the Lr Desktop side you can delete the originals from the ios camera roll. Hope that answers your question - Guido

• 2. Re: Does files stay on device if you sync from iOS
            bford225 Level 1

thanks . i just wanted to make sure. i have been having issues with  i cloud storage lately. and i revel as far as getting just jpegs off my ios devices.

i am curious though, will the same idea work for raw from camera to ios device on the next update for LR mobile.? just wondering. because that would be a huge help.  i am about to upgrade my cannon rebel line to nikon.  because i  am about to get nikon mirror less camera soon.   so from there. ill be having both a small compact Dslr and  iphone. so with 16 gb  - 64 gb storage for iphone and up to 128 gb on ipad. the mobile work flow will help out big

thanks