2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2014 11:22 AM by prodmanprod

Hyperlinks Cross-reference panel won't reset

prodmanprod

This is listed as a known issue #1888869 (the first issue listed under "Known Issues with cross-references in InDesign CS4): the cross-reference panel won't reset in the hyperlinks panel. The issue is that the cross-reference window is all the way at the top of the panel; the grabber hand won't move it (solution #1); solution #2 doesnt' seem to apply to this issue. I am using CS6, so apparently this bug was never addressed. Help please!

• 1. Re: Hyperlinks Cross-reference panel won't reset
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I'm not sure what you mean by reset here. Can you provide more details?

• 2. Re: Hyperlinks Cross-reference panel won't reset
            prodmanprod Level 1

Peter, thanks for responding. The issue was that the "cross reference" part of the window (usually the bottom 1/3 of the panel) got inadvertently dragged to the top of the panel, so that the "hyperlinks" section was no longer visible. The "help" for this was to click+hold on the horizontal bar under "Cross Reference" so that it changed to a grabber hand (this part worked), but the grabber hand couldn't move the horizontal line back down so that the "hyperlinks" section would reappear.

I finally fixed it by reseting the panel with the extension manager (didn't know the extensions manager existed): quitting ID, turning the hyperlinks panel off in Extensions Manager, restarting and quitting ID, turning the hyperlinks panel back on in EM, and restarting ID.