2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2014 11:44 AM by mwheeler65

ACR batch adjustments

mwheeler65 Level 1

Good afternoon. After spending an hour searching the internet for information about this topic on the internet, I was directed here. I am shooting large numbers of pictures in NEF, and I want to make edits to them in ACR in a batch, as one can with Actions in Photoshop. To be clear, I understand how to make the adjustments to individual files in ACR, but I cannot discern how to perform an action or set of actions to a large number of raw files in an automated way. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: ACR batch adjustments
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There are a couple ways I can suggest, and I'm sure there are others. I mostly use Lightroom, haven't used Camera Raw extensively for quite some time. I believe it's easiest to do this starting from Bridge. Highlight all the images that you want to work on in Camera Raw and then open them. They will all be displayed in Camera Raw on the left-hand side of the dialogue. If you highlight all of those images, any adjustment made to the image that has focus will be applied to all the other highlighted images. Or, if you made the adjustments to one, then you can highlight all the images and choose to synchronize them. Another way is to make all the adjustments to a single image in Camera Raw and then close Camera Raw to return to Bridge. In Bridge, you can copy the settings from the one image and then paste those settings to any number of additional files.

• 2. Re: ACR batch adjustments
            mwheeler65 Level 1

Thanks for your help--the latter suggestion was the magic bullet.

Best regards, Matt Wheeler