0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2007 6:31 AM by feladar

Performance Tuning Question

feladar
      Greetings,

I did a few searches for any topics related to this and haven't found anything relevant - if I'm missing something obvious I apologize.

We are doing some performance tuning of a CFMX 7.0.2 system running on Solaris. Of the many things we're doing one is to run truss on the cfmx processes to find out what in fact it's doing. The following is an excerpt from one of the truss outputs:

stat64("/opt/coldfusionmx7/runtime/../lib/macromedia/jdbc/sqlserver/SQLServerURLParser.cla ss\0", 0x254FB860, 0x254FB9BC) = -1 Err#2
      stat64("/opt/coldfusionmx7/runtime/../gateway/lib/macromedia/jdbc/oracle/OracleURLParser.c lass\0", 0x254FB860, 0x254FB9BC) = -1 Err#2

Err #2 means "File not found" in essence

These lines show up quite a bit in the output - and we're curious as to why it's trying to find those particular classes at all and why in those locations - there are other entries where it looks like it's going through a series of paths that it knows about trying to find these entries. As we use Oracle as our database what could be the reason it's looking for SQLServer? Finally does anyone know of a way to stop the attempt to find these classes and save the system processing time to give us back those cycles for real work?

Regards,

Scott