3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2014 8:53 AM by A.T. Romano

music panel empty

adisgo

My computer was stolen with installed premiere elements 12 on it. I bought a new computer and installed Elements on it from my disc. Second (and last possible) installation. Opened the program, everything seemed normal. However, Music panel on a toolbar where music and sound effects should be is empty.What to do now?

• 1. Re: music panel empty
          A.T. Romano Level 7

adisgo

Leave the program/project open and wait. Could take minutes or longer. Several have observed a marked delay from the time that the program is installed until the Music Score and Sound Effects appear under Music Tab in the Expert workspace.

Any problems with your Internet connection?

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: music panel empty
            adisgo Level 1

Thanks. You were right. Internet connection is not soo good and breaks sometimes. I left the program opened, After an hour I noticed that one music file appeared. Next morning I opened program again and again I was connectede to the internet. After some time I noticed that probably all music files are present but not sound effects, and after maybe an hour, sound effects appeared too.

I hate that users are now forced to use internet so heavily instead of having complete and finished product that needs no further action after installation.
            Thanks again for valuable advice.

• 3. Re: music panel empty
              A.T. Romano Level 7

adisgo

Thank you for the update with the good news that the Music Scores and Sound Effects finally appeared under the Music Tab of your Premiere Elements 12.

I have found the Content download concept applied to Premiere Elements 11 and 12 to be very disturbing.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: No Content Disc - Content Downloads from Adobe

It appears to go to its worse case when trying to get Music Scores and Sound Effects for the Music Tab.

If you have not already, please update 12 to the 12.1 Update via an opened project's Help Menu/Update. That would not be expected to have helped you with the Music Scores/Sound Effects matter, but it does get rid of the Text Styles issue that targets the Expert, not the Quick, workspace of 12.

Best wishes with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR